Reference guide scripts run but nothing happens

the_deCodedMANthe_deCodedMAN Posts: 41

What it says on the tin.

Other scripts work fine. But reference guide scripts included with various assets do nothing. 

Even weirder: The log file says the script has been run successfully. For example.

Script executed successfully: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/user guide.dsa

But nothing happens.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Post edited by the_deCodedMAN on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

Usually those scripts open whatever app you have defined on your computer to be the default PDF reader. Do you have a default PDF reader configured on your computer? Mine is set to the Chrome browser and it opens fine from those scripts.

• If you install via Daz Studio itself a lot of those scripts will fail as they don't take account of the way thata ffects paths - it would be possible to do so, and the sample script for document display does so (you can fix the issue by downloading that, editing it to point to the path for the guide, and placing it instead of the failing script).

• the_deCodedMANthe_deCodedMAN Posts: 41
    edited September 2023

barbult said:

Usually those scripts open whatever app you have defined on your computer to be the default PDF reader. Do you have a default PDF reader configured on your computer? Mine is set to the Chrome browser and it opens fine from those scripts.

Thank you Barbult. My Windows 11 default .pdf viewer had been changed at some point to Word (which i never use).

I changed it back to what it normally is and voila! All is well. 

Post edited by the_deCodedMAN on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

Great! Thanks for letting us know that the problem is solved.