Adding an object to another one

I am using the hair for GF8.1 called Layered Fringe Hair GF8.  I used ManFriday's Mesh Grabber to make it into a ponytail.

I have a prop called a srunchie and want to use it with the hair.

I saved the hair after I altered the shape using the Grabber tool in a scene as a set.  I added the scrunchie object in the location on the hair to look as if it is holding the ponytail.

If I merge the hair into a file with a GF8 or 8.1 model it looks like I want it to, until I move the GF model or turn its head. The scrunchie does not move with the hair.

What should I do to fix the issue?

Thanks.

Comments

• In the scene tab move the scrunchie to the hair, then it should move with the hair. It's kinda like parenting.

• leo04leo04 Posts: 325
    edited September 2023

I tried that but it didn't work.

The scrunchie was a prop that originally went on the wrist when merged ito the scene.

Post edited by leo04 on
  • TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 285
    edited September 2023

This could end up being very specific to the props you are using but, in the absence of any further information, try parenting the scrunchie to the character's head rather than the hair.

Parenting objects to hair can be a bit hit-and-miss depending on how that hair has been set up and whether or not you've used auto-fit across generations etc. etc. There's not enough info to be 100% sure this will work but parenting props to the character's head should solve it.

Post edited by TimberWolf on