Whimsical Unicorn Poses

enchantee790enchantee790 Posts: 47

Hi all,

hope you are well. I know this is old content but I love it.

When I apply [Whimsical Unicorn] these poses to the Unicorn, it gets really badly distorted. All  stretchy and weird.

Hopefully the attached picture shows it 

Any advice on how to fix this please?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Not sure.  Which version of DazStudio are you using?  The poses are PZ2 format, which technically is a poser format.  DS3 would read those with out issue. 

• Moved to Techncial Help as it is not a post suggesting/seeking a product.

Are you sure you are applying the poses to the correct figure, https://www.daz3d.com/the-unicorn

• Richard Haseltine said:

Moved to Techncial Help as it is not a post suggesting/seeking a product.

Are you sure you are applying the poses to the correct figure, https://www.daz3d.com/the-unicorn

Yes, it's the correct one. 

• FirstBastion said:

Not sure.  Which version of DazStudio are you using?  The poses are PZ2 format, which technically is a poser format.  DS3 would read those with out issue. 

Thank you, using them in Daz 4.21. May that is the issue :( I tried power pose but only distorts. Thanks for answering too 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744
    edited September 2023

I don't have 4.21,  but I do have 4.16,  and I loaded a figure,  the millenium puppy, which is fairly old,  into DazStudio 4.16,  and then  tried all the PZ2 poses for it which are in the poser library,  and they worked exactly as expected.  So up to 4.16,   pz2 poser pose files do work in dazstudio.  

I, unfortunately, do not have the unicorn  so I can't test it out.  

I would suggest you try out some other figures you may have, like genesis 1,  and try the pz2 pose files that come with it. If those poses work, then atleast you know that your installation of dazstudio is working as expected. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • I don't have 4.21,  but I do have 4.16,  and I loaded a figure,  the millenium puppy, which is fairly old,  into DazStudio 4.16,  and then  tried all the PZ2 poses for it which are in the poser library,  and they worked exactly as expected.  So up to 4.16,   pz2 poser pose files do work in dazstudio.  

I, unfortunately, do not have the unicorn  so I can't test it out.  

I would suggest you try out some other figures you may have, like genesis 1,  and try the pz2 pose files that come with it. If those poses work, then atleast you know that your installation of dazstudio is working as expected. 

Thank you for you help. I will stop the thread here. Appreciate your help and have beautiful day.
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

make sure you are using the correct version of the Unicorn - there is a Poser version and one for DS. I have the unicorn not the whimsical poses but the gracful poses work fine

• scorpio said:

make sure you are using the correct version of the Unicorn - there is a Poser version and one for DS. I have the unicorn not the whimsical poses but the gracful poses work fine

Hi, thank you for helping.

I deleted all the files and installed them back..they worked after that.

I could have been using the wrong one too but thank you so much for advising