[Released] Roman Legionary Bundle for Genesis 9 [Commercial]

ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 550
edited September 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

The legions of the Roman Empire had a fairly standardized dress and armor, particularly from the early to mid-1st century onward, when the segmented armor (Lorica Segmentata) was introduced. This Roman Legionary set includes an imperial Gallic type G Roman helmet (Galea) with an optional horse hair crest for Centurions, a Corbridge type A segmented armor cuirass (Lorica Segmentata), a tunic (Tunica), leather army sandals (Caligae), a scarf (Focale) to protect the neck from chafing by the armor, a belt with dangling straps and a dagger scabbard (Cingulum Militare or Balteus), a scabbard with a belt for the sword. Also included is a sword (Gladius) with two classical blade shapes (Hispaniensis and Mainz), a javelin (Pilum), a dagger (Pugio), and a shield (Scutum).
The Lorica Segmentata armor is constructed from rigid overlapping plates that are rigged to move like in real life without conforming. The outfit can be simulated with dForce for the best results for the tunica and the balteus.

In the bundle also included are an extensive texture pack and a poses pack.

Alea iacta est!

Post edited by Protozoon on

Comments

• ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 550
    edited September 2023

A few renders of the texture pack.

edited September 2023

Some from the pose pack.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909
    edited September 2023

Now we just need some matching indomitable Gauls.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited September 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

XD yes! The ones with the magic potion and endless appetite for wild boar.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,380

Wow, WOW! Looking great. And I second the request for Gauls, or maybe Picts or Celts? Would be excellent to have some adversaries. Anyway, great job, thanks for all the detail work you put in there.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,568

Looks amazing! I hope it's not too resource intensive since many of the uses will invlove more than one in a scene.

• I am looking forward to this

edited September 2023

FSMCDesigns said:

Looks amazing! I hope it's not too resource intensive since many of the uses will invlove more than one in a scene.

It shouldn't be. I used a 8gb 1080 for the promos.

• Ave, Fabricius Parma saluta.

Nice work and much awaited... I will buy immediately.

Are "equites", "signifer" and "aquilifer" expected? And a warmer outfit for the limes and Adrien's wall garnishes?

(Ps, I am in Gaul south of Lutetia near the village of Exona. In your pack of poses you forgot the punishment of the legionnaire who has rust on his armor.... :D  

Je "riGauls") .

Ave

• tsroemi said:

Wow, WOW! Looking great. And I second the request for Gauls, or maybe Picts or Celts? Would be excellent to have some adversaries. Anyway, That would be magnificent...I have great respect for the warriors north of Hadrian's Wall. It will be good to pay tribute to them.great job, thanks for all the detail work you put in there.

That would be magnificent...I have great respect for the warriors north of Hadrian's Wall. It will be good to pay tribute to them.

• OK, I'm 19 of 21 with your store. And this will definitively be number 20 ;-) Looks great!

• Looks amazing, I can't wait!

• Cool, looks great and nice attention to detail.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

Protozoon said:

Richard Haseltine said:

XD yes! The ones with the magic potion and endless appetite for wild boar.

Add a village surrounded by fortified Roman camps and a few menhirs to the list ;)

• This set is just what I've been looking for. 

My current project is to animate the roman siege of an Iron Age fort and I was wondering if you'd be designing historically accurate clothing of Iron Age (Celtic) people to compliment the Roman bundle you've created here? 

It's almost impossible to get historically accurate clothing for my museum projects. This would be a real game changer.

It would be brilliant if I was able to choose to have military clothing on OR just with normal daily clothing. 
    I’d love nothing more than to be able to purchase from you a collection of clothing for male adults in Military & Daily clothing. Females in daily clothing as well as children.

Would you consider this? Do you have a direct line I can contact you on to discuss a commission?

Celtic Warrior: 300 BC-AD 100: 030 Paperback – 25 April 2001 |  danielaboltres.deCelt warrior | Celtic warriors, Ancient warfare, Historical warriorsCeltic noble warrior during the gallic Wars | Guerrier celte, Celte, Gaulois

This Iron Age Celtic Woman Was Buried in a Hollowed-Out Tree Trunk | Smart  News | Smithsonian Magazine220 Iron age Europe ideas in 2023 | iron age, ancient celts, celtic29 Celtic warriors ideas | celtic warriors, celtic, ancient celtsResearch celtic tribes – Artofit
    ArtStation - Senons gaul warriors, Jose Daniel Cabrera Peña | Gaul warrior,  Celtic warriors, Warrior drawingPin on Celtic