How to custom color Lupineve hair?

DefaultNameDefaultName Posts: 388

Hello, I'm uing this hair https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-lupineve-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81

I'd like to color the bangs differently from the rest. For example, black hair, white bangs

The hair's surface settings are unfamiliar to me, it doesn't use the standard Iray "base color" settings, meaning I can't color base color maps.

The bones move the parts of the hair I'd like to color, but they do not make those bones invisible when I shut the eye like normal. Otherwise, I would simply color the bang bones white, and have a second instance of this hair without those bones as black, for example.

There is an add-on product https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/155498/touchable-lupineve but it does not seem to color the hair how I'd like, with just the bangs. Does anyone have advice? Thanks.

Update: I've had a little luck with "anistropy" and "anistropy rotations" in the surfaces to make an isolated shine that appears white in the front, but it's just guessing and not perfect. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175

There's no separate surface for the bangs / fringes.. Since it's a strand-based hair, it's not possible for users to select its polygons and create Surfaces on it, well only PAs own the toolset... -Wolfie- is pretty good at making hair texture add-ons, but they're not able to make a unique color on bangs only...

• crosswind said:

There's no separate surface for the bangs / fringes.. Since it's a strand-based hair, it's not possible for users to select its polygons and create Surfaces on it, well only PAs own the toolset... -Wolfie- is pretty good at making hair texture add-ons, but they're not able to make a unique color on bangs only...

I see, thanks. I had a little luck playing with the shine settings and anistropy in the surfaces tab, but it's far from perfect. Still like the hair though