Gen 8 to 9 AutoFit Screwing Up Material Poses for Peony Hair

Anytime I use autofit to connect Peony Hair for Gen 8 to my Gen 9 character, it seems to delete parts of the hair that cause it to no longer be responsive to the material poses that are included in the package. I can load the hair separately and change the pose when it's not fitted to my character, but then I have to reposition it for every pose/scene. 

A way to attach the Gen 8 Hair to the Gen 9 character without autofitting or a way to edit/prevent autofit from blocking the material poses from working would be ideal. Thoughts? 

Link to hair: https://www.daz3d.com/peony-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175

Auto-fit removes custom bones on the hair... you either simply position and parent the hair to the figure's head or fit the hair in another way by bone-mapping, transfer rigging and post-fix, while the latter will take longer time and require some techniques...

• Which materials are failing, and how? As long as I have the hair selected the ones I tried seemed to work.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Which materials are failing, and how? As long as I have the hair selected the ones I tried seemed to work.

The materials that change the horns and nearly all of the poses. Of the 22 that come with it about 20 aren't working. I've just been positioning it and rotating everytime. It's a pain but I like the one of the other styles of horns better than the default so I guess it's worth it for now. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175

Material Presets and Pose Presets are different things. All Material Preset work with no problem. You want to apply Pose Presets, howerver, as above mentioned, you use auto-fit, all custom bones on the hair have been removed, so most of the Pose Presets wouldn't work.