[SOLVED] Strange deformation around the pelvic region on some characters when Glacia is installed

ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Edit : the problem seems to be solved and the problematic morphes are not loaded anymore with other G9 characters.

Hello,

All renders were done with a Genesis 9 Dev figure, with Mira 9 body morph applied, the figure is wearing Genesis base clothes and I applied the 'G9 Base Pose 10 Seated G9F'. While Mira is among the figure where the problem is the most visible, it is visible with other poses and others Genesis 9 caracters.

The first render is with Glacea installed, the second is with Glacea uninstalled:

Mira-2

Mira-1

Looking at the log file with Glacea installed, four morphs for Glacea are loaded when they shouldn't:

2023-09-02 17:16:56.455 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.2s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/vyktohria/Glacea/VYKGlacea_body_cbs_thigh_x90n_l.dsf
2023-09-02 17:16:56.465 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.5s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/vyktohria/Glacea/VYKGlacea_body_cbs_shoulder_z55p_r.dsf
2023-09-02 17:16:56.472 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.5s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/vyktohria/Glacea/VYKGlacea_body_cbs_thigh_x90n_r.dsf
2023-09-02 17:16:56.474 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.0s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/vyktohria/Glacea/VYKGlacea_body_cbs_shoulder_z55p_l.dsf

Using Turbo Loader to prevent the two morphs related to tighs to load seems to also solve the problem, allowing to use the rest of Glacea.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to investigate further and understand why those four morphs are loaded even when I'm not using Glacea, let alone finding a solution, so if a wiser person has an idea about what to do, I'm all ears smiley

Post edited by Elor on

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375

lol another one. Many such cases.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/637586/weird-g9-bends

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8317191/#Comment_8317191

The solution is to:
    1. Uninstall product and file bug report and wait several months (?) for a fix

2. Temporary: Dial the CBS morphs out to zero in Parameters tab whenever they are active, or put their max value to 0 so can never fire.

3.  Permanent: in Property Heirarchy, put the character body morph into the 2nd stage Controller using the Multiply setting (so when character body morph is 0 it multiplies the subcomponent morph to 0 too), then save out the morph (Properly! with correct product name and vendor name to override the old morph).  I won't elaborate further as explained in other threads.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Thank you !

I'll file a bug report and I'll take time later to read the linked topics to understand the other two solutions smiley

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Hello,

Just an update, but the problem seems to have been solved by an update of Glacea's package, a couple of days ago: using the same pose, with Mira 9 Full body morph applied, while the previously problematic morphes are allowed to load, doesn't create the distortion observed before the update smiley