Saving Multi-piece Accessory with Rigid Follow Nodes to Product

mmdestinymmdestiny Posts: 75

Hey folks,

I was following the guides here (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203481/setting-up-items-with-rigid-follow-nodes-tutorial) to rig up the rigid-body pendants of a necklace I'd made in C4D.  Brought in the chain no problem, rigged and Saved As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Asset.  Brought in the 3 pendants, lined up the pivot points, set the Rigid Follow Nodes, no problems.  Pendants follow when posed or morphed.

What I can't figure out is how to save the Rigid Follwer/Pendant pairs to Figure/Prop Assets.  I know that a Wearable Preset would store all the information, but is that really what you want to save as if you're packaging the item up to distribute?  I was under the impression Wearable Presets would only work in a product package if there was an asset file saved somewhere as well.

Post edited by mmdestiny on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

Wearable preset is a script to load a group of assets together so your package would need to include the individual asset files too, not just the preset.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,892

You have to save each individual item as a figure/prop - that will create a data directory with all the relevant info for each item. Then you save a wearable preset of the necklace. If you don't save out the items first, all the info will be embedded in the wearable.

To distribute include all the data files in your zip. To load everything in place all you need is to add the wearable to the zip, no need to include the individual user facing files.

• mmdestinymmdestiny Posts: 75
    edited September 2023

Mada said:

You have to save each individual item as a figure/prop - that will create a data directory with all the relevant info for each item. Then you save a wearable preset of the necklace. If you don't save out the items first, all the info will be embedded in the wearable.

To distribute include all the data files in your zip. To load everything in place all you need is to add the wearable to the zip, no need to include the individual user facing files.

So you save the Rigid Follower by itself and then the child obj of the Rigid Follower by itself?  All the PSR information is stored in the wearable preset?  I had tried saving each one individually but not BOTH individually, and when they loaded at {0,0,0} I figured I'd done something wrong.

edited September 2023

You save the prop attached to the rigid follower node as well as the necklace itself yes. To save a wearable preset select your figure - for example Genesis 9 and then click on save wearable preset. On the popup that comes up unselect anything you don't want to save.

wearblepreset.png
    532 x 716 - 42K
    Post edited by Mada on
  • mmdestinymmdestiny Posts: 75
    edited September 2023

Sorry I was misreading the original as the rigid follower node ITSELF needed to be saved as a support asset too, which would be silly because that's nothing but a data container so there would be nothing to save.  Aside from that I was familiar with everything else and how to do it.

Basically the only thing I was unfamiliar with was what needed to be done for it to be packaged, otherwise I would have just done a wearable preset from the start like everything else I do for personal use haha.

I'm all good now, thanks.

yes distributing files is much harder than just keeping it on your own computer - if you miss just one file Daz Studio gets snippy and spam you with messages lol

• Seems to be working, loading into new scenes in place and morphed to the figure etc.  Thanks again.

kensi s4e7 outfit test.png
    2560 x 2560 - 6M