G8F takes forever to load

To load a base G8F character takes OVER an hour. I can load a G8M in a matter of minutes. What do I need to do to improve load times?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,764

Check your logs for duplicate formulas. If you find any of those you must fix them as those slow things down a LOT if you are not running the beta.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,080

SofaCitizen said:

Check your logs for duplicate formulas. If you find any of those you must fix them as those slow things down a LOT if you are not running the beta.

I get a few messages about duplicate formulas. How do I fix that?

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,764
    edited August 2023

I would advise installing the beta (you can install it side-by-side even if you don't want to use it normally) and opening a G8F in that since the log file is more verbose and specifies both of the items that are in conflict.

If you don't want to use the beta then the error log will only point to the second item that is in conflict so you only know half the problem.

The easy fix is to uninstall one of the products that is in conflict - the more tricky fix is to manually hack the files yourself to change the unique IDs. The first is annoying since it means you cannot use something you paid for and the second is something you need to do with care since it may break something (although you can always re-install the product).

If you can work out both products (either by using the log from the beta or by using the log from the standard version and guessing the first product) and they are from the Daz Store then you can raise a support ticket to ask for one of them to be fixed. If they are from different stores then it is unlikely that either will get fixed (unless the PA is VERY sympathetic).

EDIT: if you want to tackle the self-fix then I posted some more detail on how you can do this in this post from another thread.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,080

FSMCDesigns said:

https://www.daz3d.com/turbo-loader-for-genesis-8-and-81

I have that but I think I am using it incorrectly. Thank you just the same.

• technobrownietechnobrownie Posts: 24
    edited September 2023
    My G8F takes an eternity to load because I have an unreasonable amount of morphs on her. If you have too many, try uninstalling morphs you don't need. Last time I had that duplicate file error was because I scuffed my G3F to G8F converter by converting the same character twice. Had to delete the folder I had the converted morphs in to get it to stop showing.
    Post edited by technobrownie on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Post your log file, that way some of us might be able to help to some extent.

Duplicate Formula's on their own wont cause an hour long load, not unless there are several thousand of them in the log from multiple products.

From experience it's going to be a mixture of issues causing it, poorly designed products, Duplicate Formula errors, bad "parent" errors, the regular "formula links" failing to be created, bad "Alias" files, and that's on top of having to much content installed into G8F's Morphs folder.