Adding dForce to a skirt issue

Victor2112Victor2112 Posts: 10

Outfit:   Office Babe Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) (SKU:56523 )  by: Mytilus

DAZ Version:  4.21.0.5 Pro Edition

I'm trying to add dForce to the skirt so it will drape over the hip/legs area correctly. I've tried several methods and each time, the skirt just fall down off the body.

Method 1: Tried using dForce Presets - ECVH0 dForce Master - Cloth Presets, and selecting the various Skrit options. I did add the dForce Modifier Dynamic Surface, selected a preset and ran Simulation. Skirt falls off.

Method 2:  Added the dForce Modifier Dynamic Surface, Added a Weight Node to the skirt. Added a Weight Map: dForce Simulation: Influance Weights. Using the Node Weight Brush I selected the top part of the skirt that acts like a belt, and dropped the weight to 0. Thus making the "belt" area not affected by dForce and the rest of the skirt affected. When I run the simulation, the skirt area falls off and the "belt" area stays still.

I've watched a few videos on how to make this happen by removing influance of dForce to the "belt" area of the skirt, but the skirt part keeps falling off. I have tried Methtod 2 with just a plane and selecting a side area to be non-affected (like a flag on a pole), and it worked fine. So I'm at a loss on how to fix this.

I appreciate any help provided.

(I was trying to upload pictures but they never stopped "Uploading".

Post edited by Victor2112 on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

I don't have the product.

Does it falll off in one piece? There is a risk that the skirt isn't welded (i.e. more different pieces). If in more pieces you have to add a weightpaint node and remove the weights over the seems (where the skirts breaks).

If it is in one piece, you can try to change Contractio-Expansion in the surface setting to 95. You can also try to increase friction.

I usually recomend to use timeline instead of current frame, as it gives a better idea of what is happening.

• If falls where ever there is any influance for dForce. So I could use the Node Weight Map Brush on any part of the skirt, and if there is a hint of influence, it falls.

The skirt is one single mesh. And under Surfaces, there is only "Base". No other objects listed.

I do use the timeline for simulation. Daz does it's calculation thing and right when it starts the simulation on frame 1, the skirt disappears. I actually just tried this with a plane under the figure as a floor. And yep, when the simulation starts on frame 1, the skirt disappears. If I click on "Clear" in the Simulation Settings, the skirt reappears.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2023

I have this product but have never added dForce to it. I tried, unfortunately it brought me the issue just as you have. It's the first time for me to encounter such an issue - there's problem with its geometry but I just dunno know why... It's welded otherwise it'll collapse.
    I tried all means I know but still failed...

I finally sent it to ZB and remeshed it twice (once still didn't work), then it works. But in this way, its UV was destroyed, there has to be other steps for fixing it... So just let go... I'm not sure if we could submit a ticket because of such an issue as there's a description on the product page the PA said it's not dForce supportive... (they might've known this issue....I suppose)

Post edited by crosswind on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,189

It might be that the mesh is very dense around the waist, so the vertexes is pushed apart and it therefore expands. Could try to decrease collision radius.

But it might be that it is so dense, that it just can't be used with dForce.

felis said:

It might be that the mesh is very dense around the waist, so the vertexes is pushed apart and it therefore expands. Could try to decrease collision radius.

But it might be that it is so dense, that it just can't be used with dForce.

You must be right. I don't make clothing in that way.... I'll try to relax the mesh around that area... now it's bedtime.

• No fair crosswind... I tried uploading two pictures for reference and they kept "uploading" to where it never happened. :P

Anyway, thank you for the replies. I'll let it go and try and find another skirt that works with dForce.

Still pretty odd that the mesh just disappears with any dForce influance.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,892
    edited August 2023

If it disappears when you start a sim its possible that there's either an ngon or a stray vertex.

Post edited by Mada on
    edited September 2023

Victor2112 said:

No fair crosswind... I tried uploading two pictures for reference and they kept "uploading" to where it never happened. :P

Anyway, thank you for the replies. I'll let it go and try and find another skirt that works with dForce.

Still pretty odd that the mesh just disappears with any dForce influance.

Ho..., I used postimages.org at that time when uploading function fails at the fixed time everyday...

Just now, I relaxed the mesh around the waist band and update its Base geometry , then everything is OK. The culprit is the density of the mesh around there is too high. Collision with dForce could not handle it correctly.
    I guess the simulation probably makes the skirt either explode to the outer space or collapse into the Quantum Realm. devil Because after I Ctrl + F and created a Camera as per Perspective View, I got this... Have you ever seen such a thing before? That 'nan' value could not be entered but be 'derived' from the Perspective's coordinates only, haha ~~

Anyway, if you still want to use it, pls PM me...

SNAG-2023-9-1-0020.png
    2560 x 1400 - 1M
    SNAG-2023-9-1-0021.png
    2063 x 1394 - 159K
    Post edited by crosswind on