Baking the Skin

Hello, pretty new to DAZ. I am using the Genesis 9 model with their skins that came with it. All I have done is went to Surface > Editor > Skin and changed the base color to something darker so that it gives me a darker skin tone. My question is how do I save this? Or bake it into a new texture. I'd like to export this to blender using the blender bridge but it still just gives me the regular skin tone as it was before, without any of the changes made. I have attempted to bake the skin but it just never shows up (I have used 3Delight renderer too) and no matter what nothing is baked or generated. How can I go about this?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2023

If you wanna render a scene with Blender, you need to tweak the shader nodes in Blender no matter you use Daz to Blender bridge or Diffeomorphic Daz Importer. The settings in Surfaces pane (shaders) could be only saved as a material preset or shader preset rather than 'baking skin textures'. Some function like Map Transfer is used for baking texture maps only (without shader settings) across UVs.

Post edited by crosswind on