Moving to a new D drive

This has probably been asked a million times but just wanted to run the question by the community ...

I have Daz installed on the D drive of my art computer, and that is also where all the DIM content goes. I buy too much stuff so I'm looking at upgrading to a new larger D drive. Can I just copy the contents of the current D drive over to the new drive and run it as the new D drive? (I'm planning to keep the current D drive as the E drive since I do have another slot and eventually remove most of what's on it now.)

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

paulawp (marahzen) said:

This has probably been asked a million times but just wanted to run the question by the community ...

I have Daz installed on the D drive of my art computer, and that is also where all the DIM content goes. I buy too much stuff so I'm looking at upgrading to a new larger D drive. Can I just copy the contents of the current D drive over to the new drive and run it as the new D drive? (I'm planning to keep the current D drive as the E drive since I do have another slot and eventually remove most of what's on it now.)

If you set the new drive as your D-drive, just copy everything over from the old drive and that's it. 

• Hello, again. So today my computer is back from the shop with its new drive and generally, it's a "so far so good" situation; Daz starts, finds stuff, renders. Files open and the contents render as they were. New stuff installs (via Daz Central, which is what I always use) and works fine. Have successfully done at least a couple of operations with plug-ins - all good. Script shortcuts appear to present and working; workspace seems intact, minus a minute of tab rearranging. Whew! 

But there is one extremely minor nuisance I'd like to fix. Now I get the "Configuration of the system has changed. To use content installed using Daz Connect, the content owner must re-authenticate" every time I start Daz, I have no plan of ever using Daz Connect but I don't want to have to click through this constantly, forever. Is there a setting to turn this off? Or, if I log in Daz Connect briefly and immediately log out again, will that stifle this annoying message before causing even more annoying effects to my content? I only just got rid of Daz Connect garbage in Smart Content a couple of months ago from when I initially did log in way back when I installed everything on this computer.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

There must still be something left from your Connect installations, have a look in your Connect related Content Library with Windows Explorer, is the \data\cloud\ folder completely empty?

• PerttiA said:

There must still be something left from your Connect installations, have a look in your Connect related Content Library with Windows Explorer, is the \data\cloud\ folder completely empty?

This isn't directly about actual instalaltion, it's the check used to validate the account for using encrypted content when offline. It's annoying but harmless, as far as I know the only way to get rid of it is to let Daz Studio log-in to a store account.