If there is no interactive licence does it mean we can export it for free, or not at all.

aweswanaweswan Posts: 65
edited September 2023 in Art Studio

https://www.daz3d.com/formal-mega-wardrobe-for-genesis-8-females

If interactive licences are free in this case, can we search for all items without an interactive licence, or if we can't use them to exclude them.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,520

Interactive licences are for those who are creating their own games, it doesn't include making mods to existing games.

https://www.daz3d.com/interactive-license-info

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,049

aweswan said:

If interactive licences are free in this case, can we search for all items without an interactive licence, or if we can't use them to exclude them.

If there's no interactive license option on the product page then it's not usable in interactive games at all.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

As a general rule, the absence of a price in a store almost never means that they are free. The only free things in the Daz store are the ones that show up with $0 next to them when you put them in your cart.

In these cases, if the extra licences are not available for a product then it means that the PA does not want to offer that option.

• aweswan said:

To make explicit what others have said, that product does not offer an Interactive License at all - if it did it would be in the list of options (and almost certainly not free). Permissions are never granted by default, you have only those permissions granted by the licenses explicitly assigned.

• aweswanaweswan Posts: 65

I only use daz for making game characters (in Unity). I'm not creating renderings etc. though might do in the future, or for a cutscene. I buy products on discount and wait and hope they have an interactive sale on what I've bought. 

It is possible artists simply mistakenly forget to add an interactive license in? I'd find it odd they that they would want to make less money on a product. 

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,028
    Sometimes that may be the case, so you can send a ticket to Daz and ask whether the products you are interested in can get an interactive license. Then they will be able to contact the PAs in question. Just keep in mind that some may still not want to offer the license.
  • as long as were talking about interactive lisenses.. NO, I didn't add my 10,000 old products to the cart one a time to get lisences ... what was the final outcome of that?

• alan bard newcomer said:

as long as were talking about interactive lisenses.. NO, I didn't add my 10,000 old products to the cart one a time to get lisences ... what was the final outcome of that?

Do you need Interactive Licenses for all? Or are yiu thinking of the free 3D printing licenses for already-owned Daz content? If so that was completed, eventually.

• Richard Haseltine said:

alan bard newcomer said:

as long as were talking about interactive lisenses.. NO, I didn't add my 10,000 old products to the cart one a time to get lisences ... what was the final outcome of that?

Do you need Interactive Licenses for all? Or are yiu thinking of the free 3D printing licenses for already-owned Daz content? If so that was completed, eventually.

I thought there was a point when you could put your items from before the interactive lisense was part of the lisense and they said you could add them to a cart to get them on the older stuff.  

• Well, here's a classic example - 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/469561/

Neither of those product have an have an interactive license, but they are specifically supported for exporting to unity.

https://www.daz3d.com/mcs-mega-bundle

This product was clearly for for export to unity and also, no interactive license.

I would assume for the above they were specifically made for export to unity and the intention was therefore that the interactive license was free, however I can't assume the same thing on other products.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,049

alan bard newcomer said:

Richard Haseltine said:

alan bard newcomer said:

I thought there was a point when you could put your items from before the interactive lisense was part of the lisense and they said you could add them to a cart to get them on the older stuff.  

They did that when introducing the 3D printing license, but I don't remember it for interactive licence.

• alan bard newcomer said:

Richard Haseltine said:

alan bard newcomer said:

If you do need to purchase an Interactive License for a product for which you already own the standard license just tick the box and the Purchased button will change to Add License, allowing you to put the license in your cart and to check out.

• Belatedly moved to Art Studio as it is ot a Daz Studio topic.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,367
    edited September 2023

aweswan said:

If there is no interactive license option,  then it is not offered to the end user.  ONLY THE STANDARD LICENSE APPLIES.  They cannot be used for interactive uses at all.  

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • How do we ask artists if they could add a license?

I suggest the following changes:

When they upload an item -

a) Ask artist if they want to add an interactivce license for free or and amount, and

b) If they allow uinteractive license at all.

c) Explicitly state that the product doesn't have a interactive license in the product page. 

And make a filter to filter those item that have no interactive license.

Cheers - Hope this helps.

• aweswan said:

How do we ask artists if they could add a license?

I suggest the following changes:

When they upload an item -

a) Ask artist if they want to add an interactivce license for free or and amount, and

b) If they allow uinteractive license at all.

c) Explicitly state that the product doesn't have a interactive license in the product page. 

And make a filter to filter those item that have no interactive license.

Cheers - Hope this helps.

When a PA submits a product, they decide at that time if they want to add an interactive license. If they do not, then one is not added. There's no reason to state there isn't one. If you don't see an option for one, it normally means there isn't one.