'Drago' for Millennium Dragon Not Conforming to the Dragon Correctly

Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
edited September 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I have had 'Drago' for Millennium Dragon in my Runtime for several years, and have never been able to use it for any render. The problem is that though I have Millennium Dragon selected when I load the pieces of the armor, they do not automatically conform. Each time I try to do the conforming manually, I get the same results.The armor pieces get oversized, and they look distorted from ther shpe they were. This makes the product useless. I've had this product for several years, and never been able to make it work. There has to be a way to make it conform without getting over sized and distorted. The dragon needs to be able to pose in it. The promo images show the dragon posed, with the armor following it, the way conforming clothing follows the figure it is conformed to, but I cannot even get that far!

So, what is the trick to making this product work correctly? What is the problem that makes the pieces get distorted? And why won't the pieces load automatically conformed to the figure? Is this an old version of the product that is seriously flawed? If so, is there an upgraded version that does work correctly? If there is, shouldn't that version be given to those of us that already own the flawed version?

Since my version is obviously flawed, I am going to uninstall it, if I am unable to get help fixing the problem. As it is, it only gets me frustrated as I try everything I can think of to make it work. If it was working correctly, I can think of many ways to use it in my renders. Like for instance, images showing the Dragonriders of Pern fighting threadfall! Please help me get this product working correctly.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited August 2023

OK found it and own it will check

https://www.daz3d.com/drago-for-millennium-dragon

OK you need to for each piece go to edit Zero Figure

I don't know why but some legacy Poser things do this

usually for me in Carrara so used to it but I noticed often in D|S4+ too

D|S3 and Poser were OK

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

The Millennium Dragon 1 and 2 load by default at 250% scaling. Any item parented to it will inherit the parent's scaling. You can turn off the inheritance with the Joint Editor Tool Settings for each piece after they are loaded, fitted and parented, or reset the scaling to 100%. Either way will make them fit properly.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Most Poser content doesn't auto-conform when loaded, especially the older content pre Vicky 4, and it's like that even in Poser.

Most Poser figures load with a "memorized" pose rather than the default mesh pose, this prevents joints locking when you pose them manually, however it should only be in the figure, when it's also in a conformer the two poses get added together, distorting the hell out of the conformer.

Scale being used in the figure has the same sort of results when it's also in the conformer.

Zeroing the conformer before or after fitting it to the figure should clear it.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433

Thanks guys. Your information has helped. I followed the suggestions and got the product working. After getting all of the parts conformed to Mil Dragon, I wanted to see what would happen if I scaled Mil Dragon back up to 250%. The entire outfit scaled correctly with it. So I then tried some poses from my collection of Mil Dragon poses. The 'Drago armor followed the poses with no issues.

After 10 years having this armor, and never being able to use it, I am now able to. Thanks again, and again!

• Moved to Technical Help as it is a content, rather than a Daz Studio application, issue.