Bar or Lounge Scene (WIP)

The original inspiration for this was the London Gentlemans Clubs.  I have drifted off of that reality, perhaps a modern take on it.  

Anyway, I modeled all the objects in Lightwave and textured them with the included iRay shaders as well as https://www.daz3d.com/decorator-kit-neutral-shader-presets-for-iray .  Some colors have been changed from the original shader preset to match real world paint colors.

Thanks for any constructive remarks.

Mens Club - 2023-08-27A.png
800 x 533 - 532K
Mens Club - 2023-08-27B.png
800 x 533 - 572K

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,367

Adding some character figures to the scene interacting with the environment and perhaps some glassware and bottle props will add to the ambiance of the space.The architectural details and furnishings look appropriate for the location.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,755

Are the rooms smoke free? If not, may I suggest some ash trays? Or some coasters to protect the tables from rings from drinks? And a discreet trash can for discarded papers by the guests? Can the chairs be shifted slightly as if someone just moved them closer to one another to talk privately or shoved them back? 

Would the rooms have bowls of flowers or potted plants? A carpet or two? Some books to read? (I doubt you are going to have a TV monitor blasting out the latest rugby/soccer matches.)

I love the rooms and what you have already, it is like a decorator has set the bones and now the little bits need to move in to make it welcoming? 

My closest experience to a 'Gentleman's Club' would be military officer and non-commisioned officer's clubs which have been a rag-tag mix of environments, from quonset huts to fancy new buildings. Though there was a very nice WWII airfield at RAF Mildenhall in the UK with even ghosts on the runway and in our building to set the tone. It had been an elegant officers' club at one time. 

• Thank you FirstBastion and memcneil70 for the feedback.  Much appreciated.

I agree with both of you that little details need to be filled out.  I have already worked up coasters (cork) which are very hard to pick out in the pictures.  A stack of them are on the bar and another by itself iscloser to the camera.  I have also created an old-fashioned (or whiskey) glass.  Working on getting the shader to suit me.  I'm also working on poses for Genesis 8 Male characters to sit on some of the chairs.

Magazines are also on my to do list for the end tables as well as the large table in the back room.

If there is interest I will post updated pictures as this project progresses.  I value the feedback.  Of course I think it's good but I created it.  Other people's feedback is more objective than my own opinion.

Thanks.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,755

I would love to see the progress you are making. 

While I have no clue how to do it, can you do instances? That may be a way to create one or two versions of something and litter the room with them, without adding to the overall weight.

Mary

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,367

As Mary suggest instances are a great way to add lots of detail with little overhead, because you are just adding copies of the model in various places, perfect for glassware and coasters and even chairs.  

It is under the create menu,  and the default is 10.  simple select the prop you want,  and 10 instances of it will be placed in scene. 

• Shaders for glass: I did a flint glass shader here which you could use: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/89523/330ml-broken-bottles Regards, Richard.
  • I have not worked with instances.  My understanding is that a similar result can be had if props are saved as a Support Asset, then loaded.  I could be wrong but it seems like I saw that in the forums some time back.

Richard, thank you for pointing me to your glass shaders. Your timing is perfect as I am working on glassware.  If one has a bar then there has to be glass objects.  I have a couple of renders but I am having trouble uploading to the forum.

Thanks everyone for your interest and advice!