Genesis 9 starter essentials act as Merchant Resource?

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can the Genesis 9 starter essential textures be used as a merchant resource?

There's a couple of textures there I'd like to use as a base if so.

Thanks!

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,672

No, only products specifically saying Merchant Resource. Furthermore there might be requierement for how you can use it.

• URHDURHD Posts: 3

felis said:

No, only products specifically saying Merchant Resource. Furthermore there might be requierement for how you can use it.

Thankyou for your quick answer. I have been using merchant resources so far, but one of the maps wasn't suitable for what I needed. I guess I will look at some others smiley 

felis said:

What about the base skin detail normals? I've seen these actually used in Daz products by other PA's 

• felisfelis Posts: 3,672

URHD said:

felis said:

What about the base skin detail normals? I've seen these actually used in Daz products by other PA's 

As I see it. You can put it into a product as a requirement, and in the preset refer to it, but you can't distribute the textures.

felis said:

URHD said:

felis said:

As I see it. You can put it into a product as a requirement, and in the preset refer to it, but you can't distribute the textures.

That's how I assumed that worked too. Thanks! 

• franky85franky85 Posts: 112

Sorry for being a thread necromancer, but the amount of times I have seen "G9 Feminine Skin 01 MAT" aka Victoria 8.1 for G9 from the starter essentials being bundled with characters all over the place, be it here or at RH is staggering if it's not a merchant resource.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933

franky85 said:

Sorry for being a thread necromancer, but the amount of times I have seen "G9 Feminine Skin 01 MAT" aka Victoria 8.1 for G9 from the starter essentials being bundled with characters all over the place, be it here or at RH is staggering if it's not a merchant resource.

Please do report these - to the store in the first instance.