Preparing scene loop -- Resolved

ShadowdreamShadowdream Posts: 52

I just purchased Xivon's Futuristic Nightclub, and like the title says, I can't get it to load properly in Iray. I tried loading it on my wife's computer and it didn't work either, but we have similar builds and the same graphics cards/driver versions/version of Daz. it gets stuck looping preparing scene. Other scenes, even pretty intense ones, seem to be loading fine, so I checked the other Xivon product I have, the Futuristic Home Office, and it is having the same problem.

I'm running the most up to date version of Daz, most up to date Nvidia drivers (had to update for a game playtest I'm in), Windows 10, and an RTX 3060 12gb. I don't have cpu fallback enabled. Thoughts? I'm leaning toward the most recent driver update being the problem, but I can't roll that back until this playtest is over, unfortunately.

Edit: It's also happening with Urban Future 7, and I didn't have an issue with Futuristic Home Office or Urban Future 7 previously. Are there issues with the nvidia drivers v 537.13?

Post edited by Shadowdream on

Comments

• 697 Texture, Bump, Normal, Metallic, Specular, Emissive, and Transparency Maps (4096 x 4096)

That is going to overwhelm almost any PGU (for the Nightclub) - if you have Scene Optimiser you could use that to reduce the image sizes, especially for small/distant items, oryou could make a copy of the textuers (although you could always reinstall) and reduce the sizes depending on what they are with an image editor.

• I didn't have trouble loading the home office product before, though. And I've since gone through and tried loading Urban Future 7, which I never had a problem with before, and it's having the same problem. So I suppose this is more of a "preparing scene" loop problem, than a particular product, I'll edit my title to reflect that.

Are there known problems with nvidia driver version 537.13?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2023

Futuristic Nightclub consumes appr. 14.4G VRAM to iray preview (a bit more for rendering)... Home Office consumes appr. 9.2G VRAM but the scene first eats around 4G VRAM... so you ran out of you VRAM. If you tick CPU fallback, it will falls back... or check your DS log, there should be a line of message about out of VRAM...

You may first identify the root reason then use SO to optimize your scene though you have to downgrade its render quality... If you're not satisfied with the result and/or product, you may request for a refund.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Ahh. Ok. Yeah, it is running out of vram and it wasn't clearing it when I loaded a new scene, which is why Urban Future 7 wasn't loading. That will at least load ok on a fresh load of Daz.
    I wonder if Home Office got an update or something that ticked it just over my amount of vram. Because it worked when I first purchased it.
    Thank you both. I suppose I'll tick it over to CPU while I'm working and then run scene optimiser once I have it set up. If it's too much of a pain in the butt I'll return it.

Much appreciated!

• Once the GPU runs out of memory you will almost always have to restart daz Studio to get it working again.

Iray has been increasingly demanding of late (though I think the very latest version or so does claim some improvements) so if DS was updated between the original scens that worked and now that might be the issue, otherwise it may be something else using some of the memory.