Genesis 9 custom morph eye issues

globallyglobally Posts: 122

Does anyone know why this could be happening? (see attached)

Im following the youtube tutorials on making g9 eye morphs but i must be missing something. Either that or everything is working as intended and i need to learn JCMs.

i exported the eyes from my custom morph to blender, resized and positioned. load my custom morph to a g9, adjust rigging with eyes and lids unticked (if i dont then the eyes do the opposite and push out the back side), i then load the eyes from blender with the same name as my custom morph. All looks ok but then i get the result shown when i move the eyes.

Is there an obvious step im missing? are the eyes simply too close to the lids? will i have to make JCMs?

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by globally on

Comments

• globallyglobally Posts: 122

sorry the upload file wasnt working so i tried posting anyway and now i cant attach or delete the post.

Basically the eyelid controllers were moving but the front of the eye would poke through the lid at anything over 50% "eye look side to side" so very close to being right, but not quite

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

Yes, you need to rig the eyes. In the parameters pane under Utilities there is a Developer Tools option. It has a button to rig the eyes. Follow ChangelingChick's instructions. We discussed it here also, further down in the thread.

barbult said:

Yes, you need to rig the eyes. In the parameters pane under Utilities there is a Developer Tools option. It has a button to rig the eyes. Follow ChangelingChick's instructions. We discussed it here also, further down in the thread.

Thank you so much.i thought i was going crazy. worked perfectly.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

Great!