Converting Nix 8 to G9

I have been trying to use Rssy Character Converter 8 to 9 to convert Nix 8 to G9 and not getting good results.

Has anyone on here managed to convert him and if so, please confirm what settings you selected?

Sorry, my 3D "physics" knowledge isn't very good.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

I don't have the RSSY converter or Nix 8, but I have had great results converting G8 chracters to G9 with the Manfriday converter

• mnpalamnpala Posts: 56

I hope Daz have Nix included on the list of figures to bring to G9 as he is my favourite male.

• TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 285

I too only have the ManFriday converter and the results are good as long as you don't want too much of a close-up on Nix's face. The original model's eyes have quite complex geometry and, with the best will in the world, no converter is going to be able to handle that without some artefacts. The rest of the body and face convert *perfectly* (i.e. you can overlay them and there is neglible difference) but you will need some moderate skill with a 3d modelling package to correct the distortion around the eye sockets.

If you're prepared to render the converted Nix from a medium distance he looks identical using the MF converter. 

The problem with a Nix 9 is he won't really look that much like the Nix 8 which I suspect is what you want. I think he was always a bit niche but I agree that he's one of the best male models Daz made. Looks after himself but isn't joining The Rock for a daily gym session. He looks... believable where so many don't.

• mnpalamnpala Posts: 56

Thanks for your detailed answer TimberWolf.

I think that's why I liked Nix so much - he looks after himself but isn't one of those body builders. I also liked the alien theme and could imagine Nix as being human, but from a different planet.

I still hope that Daz make a G9 version of Nix if he can't be ported across.