Genesis 9 Hair on Genesis 8/8.1 Females

Has anyone found a converter or a workaround to this? no useful youtube videos i've come across. I have some really pretty Gen 9 Hair would love to use on my Gen 8 females, and be able to use the blow options as well. 

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Hair can be a bit tricky with autofit.

I would suggest to just scale and place the hair on you character and then parent to the head.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

felis said:

Hair can be a bit tricky with autofit.

I would suggest to just scale and place the hair on you character and then parent to the head.

Agreed, or use G9

• I have a thread here in the forums about converting (non dforce hair) from G9 to G8. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/644021/non-dforce-hair-items-conversion-from-genesis-9-to-genesis-8#latest

There are various ways of uisng G9 hair on G8: From simply parenting the hair to the G8 Head bone (as if it were prop hair as opposed to conforming hair) , to autofitting it (not ideal depending on the hair and the features it has) or even having a G9 figure to fit the hair to and duplicating the pose you want to use on G8 and hiding G9 (works best if you have the morphs you're using on your G8 figure transferred to G9) or you can try converting it. It's not extremely complicated but takes some work