How come the noise degrain radius option disappears?

crashworshipcrashworship Posts: 216

Rarely do I not use [the Noise degrain] this option but for some reason, when I'm getting ready to render and in the render settings window, it's not available. It's just gone. I've done nothing (that I know of) to remove it. And, there seems to be nothing (that I know of) to get it back. This is absolutely one of the most annoying and infuriating issues I face when using Studio. It appears to be completely random.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Have you set Noise Degrain Filtering to a value different from 0?

• felis said:

Have you set Noise Degrain Filtering to a value different from 0?

I would if it was available to set. The noise degrain filtering option isn't there in the filtering tab. Everything else there is but the noise degrain option. It's gone. I've taken a screen shot to show this but for some reason I've been unable to upload it to attach to this post. The upload just hangs infinitely. As I said in the op, this appears to be random. It's simply disappears and is impossible to get back. I have to save certain crucial elements of the scene as subsets, close it, open a new, blank scene, immediately go to the rendering/filtering tab, set the value to at least 1, then add the previously created scene subsets to insure that it's there and available. That's the only way I've been able to get it back.

• I think that is because it is not used in the AI Noise Reduction feature, though for me it still exisats as a hidden proeprty - perhaps you had Show Hidden proerpties enabled for a while but now don't.

• Richard Haseltine said:

I think that is because it is not used in the AI Noise Reduction feature, though for me it still exisats as a hidden proeprty - perhaps you had Show Hidden proerpties enabled for a while but now don't.Ok

Okay, worth a look but that's something I never do. If I've hidden any properties, it's been done by accident.

• crashworship said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I think that is because it is not used in the AI Noise Reduction feature, though for me it still exisats as a hidden proeprty - perhaps you had Show Hidden proerpties enabled for a while but now don't.Ok

Okay, worth a look but that's something I never do. If I've hidden any properties, it's been done by accident.

It's hidden by DS, the question was whether you had DS set to show hidden properties. The other possibility is you were previously using a much older version of DS without the AI denoising elements.

crashworship said:

Richard Haseltine said:

It's hidden by DS, the question was whether you had DS set to show hidden properties. The other possibility is you were previously using a much older version of DS without the AI denoising elements.

Okay, but if it's not hidden in most of the scenes I'm making, why would it be hidden for just a few? At random? And, my studio verion is always up to date. I check that regularly. Not the beta builds but the public releases.

• I'm not sure why it would change from scene to scene - unless you had changed its Property Setings, or possibly unless the scene was very old (I can't easily test that, but I would think that even old scenes would respect the current default behaviour).

I'm not sure why it would change from scene to scene - unless you had changed its Property Setings, or possibly unless the scene was very old (I can't easily test that, but I would think that even old scenes would respect the current default behaviour).

As I typed, I've really not intentionally changed anything. If I don't immediately after starting a new scene, before I do anything else; load a figure or a prop or a camera, whatever, open the render settings/filtering pane and select at least 1 on the noise degrain option, it can happen. Not always. It's random and completely unexpected. When it has happened, maybe one of 10 scenes, if I don't do this right away, when I eventually do go to set it, I've found that it's not available, not visible, not an option. That slider is simply not there at all. I can find no way to get it back. Even if I save the scene and then restart Studio and open the scene, it remails gone.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

When it is gone, have you tried to enable 'show hidden'?

Not that it should be hidden, but maybe it somehow have got it.

• Noise Degrain Filtering is part of the Iray Photoreal render settings and is not hidden by Daz Studio. But by default it is disabled (value 0) - because of that, the additional parameters Noise Degrain Radius and Noise Degrain Blur Difference are not visible (auto-hidden), they will become visible after Noise Degrain Filtering was activated.

If Noise Degrain Filtering is invisible after loading a scene, the parameter was hidden manually before saving the scene and was saved with the render settings, Scene asset by default also save all the render settings. Loading this scene then also loads the included render settings, by that the parameter will become hidden again even if it was visible before.

@crashworship If you right-click your scene and from the menu "Merge into Scene", it will ignore the render settings. The parameter should still be visible if it was visible before.

• stefan.hums said:

Noise Degrain Filtering is part of the Iray Photoreal render settings and is not hidden by Daz Studio. But by default it is disabled (value 0) - because of that, the additional parameters Noise Degrain Radius and Noise Degrain Blur Difference are not visible (auto-hidden), they will become visible after Noise Degrain Filtering was activated.

If Noise Degrain Filtering is invisible after loading a scene, the parameter was hidden manually before saving the scene and was saved with the render settings, Scene asset by default also save all the render settings. Loading this scene then also loads the included render settings, by that the parameter will become hidden again even if it was visible before.

@crashworship If you right-click your scene and from the menu "Merge into Scene", it will ignore the render settings. The parameter should still be visible if it was visible before.

I've tried everything you've mentioned. It's just gone. No longer available. The only solution I've found so far is to save crucial scene elements at subsets, clear the scene and start with a new, blank scene, go directly to the noice degrain slider and move it to at least one. That's the only way I've been able to get it back.