Can't delete a test morph in Genesis 9

I have been playing with transferring morphs between figures and in the process, have a morph I cannot seem to delete.  I have tried:

• deleting the morph files in the /data/Daz3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs folder
  • deleting the morphs in the parameters 
  • reinstalling Genesis 9 Essentials
  • saving as support Asset-->Morph Asset after deleting morphs
  • applied deletions to both Genesis 9 and Genesis 9 Dev Load figures

Even after doing all of the those things, and restarting DAZ Studio, loading a fresh Genesis 9 figure still includes the morphs.  I can't think of what else to do.  Any ideas?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843
    Daz Studio loads the morphs at startup and will remember them as long as that session is active. All you have to do is close Daz Studio and then delete the morph files from the data folder. Restart Daz Studio and the morphs will not be in Parameters any more.
  • WildlyfeWildlyfe Posts: 92

I deleted the morphs in the data folder and restarted DazStudio multiple times and the morphs still showed up. I even saved and deleted other morphs just fine.  I did just realize though I have multiple runtimes, and had only checked the 2 I thought I was working with.  After checking thru all of them, I finally found copies of the morphs in a data folder I did not know they had been saved to.  Problem is now solved.  Thanks.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

I'm glad you got it fixed! Here are some additional ideas that might help in the future:

When you save a morph asset, the three entries at the top of the dialog box, specify where the morph will be stored in the file system.. The first one, labeled Asset Directory, determines which Content Library is used. The other two control the names of some subfolders that will be created within that Content Library's data folder.

To find out where an existing morph is stored, select it in the Parameters pane and click on the gear icon to open the Parameter Settings for that morph. Near the bottom of the dialog box, in the Asset tab, you will see File Path. That shows the morph's location from the data folder on down to the actual dsf file. To the right of that file path string is an ellipsis (the fancy name for ...). Click on the button labeled ... and it will open a file explorer window in your OS. (It might just highlight it in the Windows task bar and force you to open the window yourself.) That will take you right to the actual folder in the Content Library and highlight the morph's dsf file, so you can easily delete it.

Caveat: I am using the DS 4.21 beta. If you are using an old version of Daz Studio, some of these features may not be available.