Genesis 8 "Actors" aren't recognized by context

Example: If i load a generic Genesis 8 female figure, then go to the Posing tab ⇒ select the Pose presets ⇒ check "Filter By Context".  All Pose presets for Genesis 8 females will show, as expected.

If I load a specific Genesis 8 character by double-clicking "Actor", then go to the Posing tab ⇒ select the Pose presets ⇒ check "Filter By Context", the only Pose presets that show are the four pose presets from the product "The Colosseum".

I can uncheck "Filter By Context" so I can see EVERY pose preset for every Genesis generation. I can find, select and apply Genesis 8 presets this way, and they do work.

I can load a generic Genesis 8 figure then apply 100% of a specific character's shape via their dial  in the Shaping tab without having any problems viewing any presets filtered by context.

Genesis 9, 3 and 2 figures loaded as "Actor" all work as normal.

Is this a problem with The Colosseum in particular, or is there a Daz setting that I've borked somehow? I've never encountered this issue before.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175

Yes, there're problems in Panes - Preset for Filtering, so normally we just use Smart Content..

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

I think that is what they are using. Sounds like a metadata problem. Load a generic G8 base figure, and a G8 character from the presets. Compare the SceneID's to see if they match or are obviously wrong. Node Name, Scene ID and Compatibility Base should be the same for both. The Node Label can be different, it is just for presentation.

Just noticed you said 'specific' character, yea, go for checking scene identification, there might be sth. wrong...

• crosswind said:

Just noticed you said 'specific' character, yea, go for checking scene identification, there might be sth. wrong...

How do I do that? And for context I've had daz installed for over a year and this only cropped up in the past week or so.

Select your specific G8.1 character, DS Menu: Edit - Figure - Scene Identification, check the data in the red frame as below... make sure it is "/Genesis 8/Female" (click the button in green frame to change it.)

• Crosswind, you're a life savior.

I fired up Daz, loaded a generic Genesis 8 female character and then loaded Sienna HD for Genesis 8 Female for comparison. For some reason Compatibilty Base was set to "Chosen Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)". I have no idea how that happened as I didn't even know that this existed, but setting it back to /Genesis 8/Female fixed the issue.

You have my eternal gratitude.

the_deCodedMAN said:

Crosswind, you're a life savior.

I fired up Daz, loaded a generic Genesis 8 female character and then loaded Sienna HD for Genesis 8 Female for comparison. For some reason Compatibilty Base was set to "Chosen Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)". I have no idea how that happened as I didn't even know that this existed, but setting it back to /Genesis 8/Female fixed the issue.

You have my eternal gratitude.

You're welcome ~ I don't have that character, but f it's the one from CJ, it's a bit strangedevil

• To be clear, it wasn't an issue with Sienna in particular. Every named "Actor" started having that issue; I just picked that one at random in order to test your fix.