Genesis 8 and 9 Anatomical Elements Fail to Load Properly After a Crash

I recently suffered a crash in DAZ while working on a scene. I was adjusting a third party body hair asset and the program suffered an instant crash. When I spooled it up again, several things weren't working properly. One was the alignment of Genesis 8 and 9 Genitalia. They now load improperly, including  test run on a base figure without morphs. Unistalling and reinstalling failed to help. 

I also noted some issues with geoshells textures failing to load cleanly on some third party content which I understand is a common occurrance with some of the newer DAZ updates causing older products to read elements of the entire body or other atached shells. Until now, I've had little issue with this on this machine and was able to accommodae it to some extent by manually removing what the shell was reading in parameters, but this time it ddsn't wor, at least on the tests run to date.  

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2023

A simple way to test for such a case -: Create a fresh new Daz Library folder (A) on one disk, and a new Content Set (B) in Content Directory Manager. Configure A in B and activate B. Install or directly dump the asset files from Genesis 8 Starter Essentials and Genesis 9 Starter Essentials packages to A.

Then load base figure and anatomical elements for testing... If everything works fine, it means there's no problem with DS application.... Then try -: Deactivate Daz Connect, completely clean the essential assets in your original Daz Library and install the essential packages again...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Thanks Crosswind. I ran several tests with the assets used and found that double clicking the Activate Universal on the Menu Tab solved the problem. I has been using Mesh Grabber earlier - though not when the scene crashed - and it might have been active though I was moving things manually in Parameters.  Never run into his exact problem before, but apparently others have.

Thanks again!  

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175

Great ~  Without a pic, I didn't think of that "common issue" -: floating geometry in the mode of Alt Shift G and Alt Shift E devil