Make a jpeg or png into a duf file poster

I have tried to find answer online and here, but not able to.

I have no idea how to make DUF files, so real newbie, I have made a poster of a character and wish to use it as a poster on the wall od the characters house. 

How do I turn a png image into a duf file to use in Daz Studio.

I know I can add the image after rendering in GIMP, but would prefer to have it as a DUF file.

Kris

Comments

• The .duf file is not an image format, it is settings telling the application what to load/what textures to apply/what base objects to create etc.

You could create a primitive plane (Create>New Primitive) and adjust its overall scale to get the right height, then the x scale to set the width in proportion, and apply the poster image to that - if you want the poster to be non-flat set a moderately high number of divisions when creating the plane and you can then use a dForm (Create menu) or a Push Modifier (Edit>Object>Geometry) with a weight map (add a Push Modifier Weight Name from the Create menu to get access to that) to shape it. Add the poster image, through the Surfaces pane with the plane seelcted (most simply just open the Surfaces pane Editor tab, select the plane in the list on the lft, then drag the image from a fiel browser onto the Base Colour property). Once you have the plane set up as the poster just move it into position and you can save a new scene, or a scene subset with the poster, for future use.

Another option, with no opportunity for adding shaping, is an Iray Decal Node (Create menu) with the image added to its settinsg and placed as required (but that will show only in Iray renders or previews).

• KrisBaiKrisBai Posts: 8

Richard Haseltine said:

The .duf file is not an image format, it is settings telling the application what to load/what textures to apply/what base objects to create etc.

Thank you Richard, worked perfectly, so easy to do when you have instructions, I will copy and paste the instructions to my notes, 

The image is on the wall as I wanted, I just need to make adjusyments as you stated, size and thickness now, One is never to old to learn  :)