Daz3d takes 40 minutes to load genesis 9

Ok... I need your help and I read several posts from people with library loading problems, I did everything that is recommended in the forum, I set aside a folder just for creating characters and a folder for animation and rendering but the folder for creating characters take too long to load 40 minutes!!! it's too much! The morphs are mine, they are created in zbrush and I suspect you're going to say "are you sure you did them right?" Yeah! I am! only for some strange reason daz3d says they are duplicates! the typical duplicate morphs error message! but guess! there is no such duplicate morpsh!!!! I check the folders over and over again! search and search I'm just going crazy! what the hell is going on? is it a bug????! HEEELLLPPP!!!

Post edited by profesorzoomreverse on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,174

If there is no "error", it won't take 40 mins to load a G9 unless there're...maybe >25 Mils formulas of  G9's morph assets need to be checked and resolved...  Only the log of DS will help... just show us the log.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

What does your log file say (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File)?

• only for some strange reason daz3d says they are duplicates! the typical duplicate morphs error message!

Duplicate Formulas - and exactly that's your problem. Either you have different morphs with the same internal ID (because you didn't use unique IDs for your morphs) or you have duplicates of formulas in a morph itself. DS tries to resolve the conflicts during loading and this takes a lot of time.

Only an example from my personal experience: I had installed 2 morph packs with 7 or 8 morphs in conflict - and already this increased load time of G9 from about 10 seconds to more than 4 minutes!

but guess! there is no such duplicate morpsh!!!!

For sure you have. Like I wrote: Either different morphs using the same ID or those duplicate formulas are inside morphs itself. One and the same formula more than only once in a .dsf file. That's what you have to check.

• Most likely it is two characters using generic names - so JaneDoe and JaneDoe, each linking to JaneDoeHead and JaneDoeBody - meaning that the formulas handling the links are the same as far as DS is concerned. The log file on the General Release will list one of the two, the current Public Build gives a lot more information. The fix (after checking for updates) is either to edit one or both .dsf files to make then identifiers unique or to uninstall one of the character.

It can be an error in a single character, e.g from running ERC Freeze twice on the same cotnroller, but that is much rarer.

• stefan.hums said:

only for some strange reason daz3d says they are duplicates! the typical duplicate morphs error message!

Duplicate Formulas - and exactly that's your problem. Either you have different morphs with the same internal ID (because you didn't use unique IDs for your morphs) or you have duplicates of formulas in a morph itself. DS tries to resolve the conflicts during loading and this takes a lot of time.

Only an example from my personal experience: I had installed 2 morph packs with 7 or 8 morphs in conflict - and already this increased load time of G9 from about 10 seconds to more than 4 minutes!

but guess! there is no such duplicate morpsh!!!!

For sure you have. Like I wrote: Either different morphs using the same ID or those duplicate formulas are inside morphs itself. One and the same formula more than only once in a .dsf file. That's what you have to check.

and where are those duplicates? because I divided the folders, the only ones that give me a problem are my morphs but there are no duplicate files anywhere.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,764

profesorzoomreverse said:

and where are those duplicates? because I divided the folders, the only ones that give me a problem are my morphs but there are no duplicate files anywhere.

This means nothing tho - the IDs must be unique across ALL base folders, regardless of how you separated them. Also, stop thinking "duplicate files" - it is not necessarily the files or filenames but the IDs used inside them. You should definitely install the beta as it will tell you exactly which files are causing conflict. If you stay on the normal version it will only list the second file.

Regardless, open your log and search for duplicates as it is highly likely that you will find hundreds, if not thousands of entries that are slowing your load times down massively.

edited August 2023

The "formula" ( ID of a morph in such a case) is defined in *.dsf file ( DSON Support Files ) of the morph in data folder.

When you load a figure, DS will browse and resolve all *.dsf files from related data folders in your Daz Library path. For instance, if it's a G8.1F, the main folders will be -: "data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs" and "data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs", as well as the morphs folders of the loaded followers (eyelashes, eyebrows, tears, etc.)...

You can only find the detail info. of the morphs that have "duplicate formulas" from DS log file.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • in my folders there are only the morphs created by me and genesis 9, in the folder there are no duplicate files, in the registry there are duplicate files but I don't know how to delete them

Captura de pantalla de 2023-08-08 15-18-20.png
    1366 x 768 - 172K
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Most likely it is two characters using generic names - so JaneDoe and JaneDoe, each linking to JaneDoeHead and JaneDoeBody - meaning that the formulas handling the links are the same as far as DS is concerned. The log file on the General Release will list one of the two, the current Public Build gives a lot more information. The fix (after checking for updates) is either to edit one or both .dsf files to make then identifiers unique or to uninstall one of the character.

It can be an error in a single character, e.g from running ERC Freeze twice on the same cotnroller, but that is much rarer.

is it a naming problem? I'm confused. I try to upload an image of my morphs with an image from the dialogue registry in a previous comment, I have them in Spanish with the name "Real ojos 01" "Real boca 01" and so on

Again, it is not the "NAMES" or "FILES" that are duplicated but the IDs inside. This screenshot confirms that you DO have duplicate IDs in your morphs and this is definitely the reason why your figures are loading slowly.

All the morphs you have created most likely have the exact same internal ID and so are conflicting with each other. Therefore, I would move all the morphs that you have created to a folder outside of any that Daz knows about and then reload a G9 and it should load quicker (unless you have other moprhs in conflict that are not listed in that snaphot).

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

SofaCitizen said:

Again, it is not the "NAMES" or "FILES" that are duplicated but the IDs inside. This screenshot confirms that you DO have duplicate IDs in your morphs and this is definitely the reason why your figures are loading slowly.

All the morphs you have created most likely have the exact same internal ID and so are conflicting with each other. Therefore, I would move all the morphs that you have created to a folder outside of any that Daz knows about and then reload a G9 and it should load quicker (unless you have other moprhs in conflict that are not listed in that snaphot).

To me, it sounds like error in saving the morph assets... When one saves a morph asset, one should only select one user created morph dial at a time and make sure the value of the dial is zero when saving.
    If one isn't familiar with how the morphs work and what should and shouldn't be saved as morph asset, I would not save anything as morph asset - It's one of the ways one can get DS acting weird or stop working completely and no amount of re-installations helps as they don't fix the user created morphs.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Why are you using DS4.6, it isn't even close to being compatible with Genesis 8 never mind Genesis 9.

edited August 2023

Same suspicion... if all these morphs were made by you in Ds and nearly all of them are listed in the log, it should not result from the "duplicated IDs" 'cause if you define morphs with same names, there'll be a warning in DS, unless you ever edited dsf file...
    So it seems ERC freeezing or saving problem, coming from Daz Studio 4.6...

And to me, it was totally wrong that you used DS 4.6 to manipulate G9 though I know the reason why... forget about HD morph... Now, we have no way to accurately judge the culprit unless you attach a couple of dsf files that're listed in the log.

edited August 2023

PerttiA said:

SofaCitizen said:

To me, it sounds like error in saving the morph assets... When one saves a morph asset, one should only select one user created morph dial at a time and make sure the value of the dial is zero when saving.
    If one isn't familiar with how the morphs work and what should and shouldn't be saved as morph asset, I would not save anything as morph asset - It's one of the ways one can get DS acting weird or stop working completely and no amount of re-installations helps as they don't fix the user created morphs.

Quite possibly - I haven't really dabbled in creating morphs other than for clothing or props and so I avoided the subject of how the duplicate IDs actualy got there. My take was more coming from having to self-fix dsf files from products due to the official fixes taking forever.

Regardless, it seems others have spotted that the OP is using an ancient version of Daz Studio which doesn't even support G9 so I guess none of my advise matters anyway unless they upgrade first.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • Sorry, that was a test, I tried several versions of daz, it doesn't matter which version I use, it always takes time to load. I also separated the folders, one for animation and another for morphs, now it takes 10 minutes. I don't have many things in daz, only the things that I do, I suppose they are badly saved but I have no idea how to change the ID of the morphs, now a screenshot with the updated software

Now my question is, how do I fix it?

Actually we're not able to name a solid way but only suggest a proper way AMAP -: you go for placing an order of Daz Public Build version in the store: https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta, install and configure it for testing all these... then post the log from Public Build. There'll be more detailed info...

• My answers take a long time to appear and they don't load the images that I upload... I tried several versions of daz3d doing a downgrade but the daz version is indifferent so I'm following the ID theory, my question is how do I fix it? I have daz3d current version

We don't know the culprit... how to tell the resolution ?

• crosswind said:

I already have the current version. It is the same for all versions the same thing happens.

crosswind said:

I already have the current version. It is the same for all versions the same thing happens.

The reason why I suggested you use the Public Build is that, as Richard ever mentioned, the log in that version can show more detailed information about "duplicated formula" errors... Using both of General Release & Public Build shoud be a best practice for advanced users...

If you frequently make and tweak figure morphs, suggest you do so...

• edited August 2023

crosswind said:

crosswind said:

The reason why I suggested you use the Public Build is that, as Richard ever mentioned, the log in that version can show more detailed information about "duplicated formula" errors... Using both of General Release & Public Build shoud be a best practice for advanced users...

If you frequently make and tweak figure morphs, suggest you do so...

I try to upload the screenshot images but they don't upload, It stays in an eternal uploading, you know I'm sick of this! everything is broken around here! clearly this is a Daz Studio bug!!!angry

Post edited by profesorzoomreverse on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

clearly this is a Daz Studio bug!!!angry

No, it isn't.

You need to move all the morphs you have made yourself, somewhere outside the Daz Studio Content Libraries or put them inside a zip-archive and delete the originals.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Open up one of your morph DSF files in a decent text editor.

Lines 16 and 17 show that files Internal Asset ID, you will also find two lines at the end of the file with is as well, spread through the file you will find "Formulas", each of these will also have that ID in it.

This Internal Asset ID has to be unique, and not just to you, nobody else on the planet can use it for that figure, otherwise you get "Duplicate Formula" errors.

The likely cause of it is the names of the OBJ you used as morphs, Morph Loader will have used those names as the Internal ID.

The remedy is to change every instance of the ID in the files being reported in your log, which will mean any where between 500 to 1k instances depending on the file.

edited August 2023

To be exact - : only the 16th line from the beginning and the 5th line from the bottom in DSON Support File is the definition of the morph ID (urI - Uniform Resource Identifier), and the urI is called in Formulas section to push values to the joints with ERC Freeze.

In General Release, when one saves a morph asset, the "morph ID" is as same as the "Name" defined in Parameters, while in latest Public Build, there'll be a unique "suffix" assigned to the "morph ID" ( i.e. Name + Suffix) just in order to avoid naming conflict (duplicate formulas).

Besides, Morph Loader Pro normally does not generate duplicate "Name" as it will check... unless one has used Turbo Loader to deactivate morph files (or manually) ... but DS will check "Names" while loading, if there're morph files have same "Names", it will only load the latest one.

Another exception is that -: If one ever saved a Morph asset, then he/she changed the morph's name in Parameters and saved it again, there would be another morph file (dsf) created in data folder with the same ID, then there would be a duplicate...warning. But normally it's easy to find out such a problem...

• I solved it... I had to create all the morphs again but this time I left them in the zbrush category, previously I moved the morphs to have them organized, it was a bad idea because that's where I got the duplicate errors, so... yes. It helps someone, do not overwrite zbrush morphs, much less move them from category "to order them", now it takes 1 minute to open the library, I have around 500 morphs created by me in zbrush.
    then let's repair
    1. DO NOT overwrite zbrush morphs
    2. DO NOT change the category!!!
    3. What you do in zbrush stays in the zbrush category

I'm sorry for getting angry earlier. Sometimes this software can be very frustrating