"Rendering Image" window missing.

In Studio 4.12 on one computer, when rendering an image, a second
window opens up showing the render progress.
In Studio 4.21 on another computer, it doesn't. How can I get that second
window to show up so I can keep track of my renders' progress?

Comments

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287
    edited August 2023

If you mean the Popup that shows the Elapsed Time and Iray Iteration count, I'm not sure if there is anywhere that it could have been "disabled" in Settings/Preferences...

If there isn't, though, the only reason I really responded was to mention the off chance that it's almost entirely off the screen somehwere. I imagine you would have noticed it, were that the case, but that particular Popup stays wherever you left it the last time you rendered... I've positioned it over time to popup right where I want it, so I just thought I'd mention it.

On the off chance that you were actually talking about the window where you see the Render itself filling in... In Render Settings Tab > General > Render Target... Make sure that isn't switched to "Direct to File". You'd want "New Window" instead.

Post edited by Phatmartino on
  • The progress bar might also be behind the render window, in whichc ase switching to the main window and dragging it aside would leave it visible 9you could also drag it aside while it was displaying for some other  task, since it's the same window for all uses and it remembers its location)

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

Richard Haseltine said:

The progress bar might also be behind the render window, in whichc ase switching to the main window and dragging it aside would leave it visible 9you could also drag it aside while it was displaying for some other  task, since it's the same window for all uses and it remembers its location)

Thanks, I've tried moving the render window, even miniming it, but the progress bar just isn't there.
    I've even moved the render window over to monitor #2, and... nothing.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    edited August 2023

Phatmartino said:

If you mean the Popup that shows the Elapsed Time and Iray Iteration count, I'm not sure if there is anywhere that it could have been "disabled" in Settings/Preferences...

Yes, I was talking about the progress bar. If I've moved it somewhere off screen, how would I bring it back?
    I just tried moving it off-screen on my other computer, and it will only go so far, leaving part of it visible on the edge.

If there isn't, though, the only reason I really responded was to mention the off chance that it's almost entirely off the screen somehwere. I imagine you would have noticed it, were that the case, but that particular Popup stays wherever you left it the last time you rendered... I've positioned it over time to popup right where I want it, so I just thought I'd mention it.

On the off chance that you were actually talking about the window where you see the Render itself filling in... In Render Settings Tab > General > Render Target... Make sure that isn't switched to "Direct to File". You'd want "New Window" instead.

Post edited by Petercat on