UV Map Problem making the background transparent.

DelanRivalsDelanRivals Posts: 30

Hello there! So when i export the UV map through UV tailor or UV Mapper and Edit the map to make the background transparent i noticed i had lines where polygons meet, so i tested it out, and turns out  when i remove the white background, little bits of the Surface zones get removed result in the background creeping into the Texture. for example, look at this images and tell me where i'm going wrong in transparenting my map. i need the background to be transparent.

The problem in question, The red line.

The artifact

The Texture:

Post edited by DelanRivals on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

I don't think I really understand your problem.

Why do you want the area outside the UV to be transparent?

And how do you select the area outside? You would usually leave a little zone to avoid bleeding.

• DelanRivalsDelanRivals Posts: 30
    edited August 2023

I need the parts that matter in the uv for Masks, like below for example. One layer is the Grid map one is the a square texure and the top is the mask one so that it goes for that one zone and not all over the map. my problem is why is there bleeding at the edges.

Post edited by DelanRivals on

If you need it for a mask, then I would suggest you grow the area 1 or 2 pixels.

You are projecting an image of a given resolution onto a surface, which might be another resolution. So I am pretty certain you can't match it exactly pixel by pixel.

• Generally maps will have some bleed built in. In addition to the projection, the map is probably being compressed and that too can blur sharp edges (the Iray compression settings are in the Advanced tab of Render Settings).

• Ah i didn't know there was a built-in compression, i will check that out.

Felis how do i grow the area 1 to 2 pixels exactly? just paint it?

ProphecyStudious said:

Felis how do i grow the area 1 to 2 pixels exactly? just paint it?

I assume you are doing it in an image editing program.

There I would select the area outside the UV map with the continous selection tool (or what it is called in your program). As that selects the area outside the UV I would then invert the selection (so you have the UV area) and then grow the selection. Should be standard actions in most image editing programs.