Hockey Rink/Current-gen outfits?

So, my partner and I are big hockey fans and I'd love to have the ability to do some hockey game renders. Unfortunately, the only outfits I've seen are M4-era and my experience is that assets that old don't translate very well, and hockey rinks don't really look like any other sporting arena so it's not like I can just throw an ice texture on a basketball court either.

Would love to get some player/goalie gear and a rink at some point :) It'd be especially great if the sweaters were easily customizable too.

Thanks! <3

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,612

I fear you will not have much luck with current products :(  I finished up an Ice Hockey image just a few days ago and had to use those M4 assets that you mention - fortunately they were used in the background so there was only minimal messing about to make them work with a G1 figure. Also, unless I missed it - those four M4 assets don't contain goalie gear either.

For an indoor rink stadium/arena you're generally looking at around $250 and that's for a non-Daz format product. I did find a non-Daz one for $2 (discounted from $4) but I would not recommend it.

Hopefully tho, one of the PAs that browses these forums will see this as a gap in the market. I think someone earlier was after a Baseball outfit too so perhaps a whole line of sports outfits (non-sexualised) could be a good option for someone to work on?

• SofaCitizen said:

I fear you will not have much luck with current products :(  I finished up an Ice Hockey image just a few days ago and had to use those M4 assets that you mention - fortunately they were used in the background so there was only minimal messing about to make them work with a G1 figure. Also, unless I missed it - those four M4 assets don't contain goalie gear either.

For an indoor rink stadium/arena you're generally looking at around $250 and that's for a non-Daz format product. I did find a non-Daz one for $2 (discounted from $4) but I would not recommend it.

Hopefully tho, one of the PAs that browses these forums will see this as a gap in the market. I think someone earlier was after a Baseball outfit too so perhaps a whole line of sports outfits (non-sexualised) could be a good option for someone to work on?

Yes, more sports stuff! Seems like Basketball has gotten a good bit of love, but not many others. I have to imagine there are plenty of people who use Daz for comic making that could do a lot of good sports stories with the right help.

Might have to see if I can save up and commission something myself...

• soulstorm.paradox said:

So, my partner and I are big hockey fans and I'd love to have the ability to do some hockey game renders. Unfortunately, the only outfits I've seen are M4-era and my experience is that assets that old don't translate very well, and hockey rinks don't really look like any other sporting arena so it's not like I can just throw an ice texture on a basketball court either.

Would love to get some player/goalie gear and a rink at some point :) It'd be especially great if the sweaters were easily customizable too.

Thanks! <3

I would love to have that as well!

• Good Luck! I've been needing and hunting for a useable, non bedroom prop baseball glove for around 10 years. Thinking on it, sports in general is pretty much a neglected theme all around outside of maybe basketball. Even then you'll probably spend a good amount of time retexuring everything if you want to get the gym, mascot, colors, and different numbers on team uniforms for 2 seperate teams.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,596

dirtrider said:

Good Luck! I've been needing and hunting for a useable, non bedroom prop baseball glove for around 10 years. Thinking on it, sports in general is pretty much a neglected theme all around outside of maybe basketball. Even then you'll probably spend a good amount of time retexuring everything if you want to get the gym, mascot, colors, and different numbers on team uniforms for 2 seperate teams.

Baseball glove on sale https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/sports/equipment/game-ready-baseball-glove