Managing Excessive Morphs for Genesis 8 Males: Seeking Advice for Improved Performance

My Daz3D experience has been overwhelmed by an excessive number of morphs for Genesis 8 Males. The program has become almost unusable as it takes forever to make any changes to a character. Even loading a pre-existing pose onto a character now takes over five minutes or more.

While having a wide variety of morphs offered me numerous options, I've realized the need to remove the ones I rarely use. My concern is determining how many morphs are too many, and if I can simply delete them by name from my Daz folders.

I prefer manually adding new figures, making Install Manager probably not an option for me.

Based on my understanding, the slowdown is caused solely by the abundance of morphs, not the number of poses, clothing, or textures.

I would appreciate some advice on how to manage this situation effectively. I don't want to delete a bunch of stuff only to find that it had no impact on the program's performance.

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,764

Have you had a look at Turbo Loader? That allows you to enable/disable morphs without having to uninstall them.

• 5200north5200north Posts: 249
    edited August 2023

This is an addendum to my previous post.

I'm currently experiencing significant loading times in Daz3d, rendering the program nearly unusable. To address this issue, I plan to remove some morphs from the scene.

My main concern is preserving the textures while eliminating the morphs. I'm not entirely sure about the consequences of making changes in the "Data" folder without a complete understanding of the process.

If anyone has encountered a similar situation or has insights on safely removing morphs while keeping textures intact, I would greatly appreciate your advice and guidance. Thanks in advance...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Threads merged.

If you remove the morphs you remove their effect. You could use export/import via morph loader to bake mutliple morphs down to a single one, but you would then lose all corrective links to additional morphs to make the figure bend better, make sure that the eyes and mouth actually closed rather than leaving gaps or self-intersecting etc.

• 5200north5200north Posts: 249

looks like i didn't get alot of feedback but turbo blast worked, loads are short now, it fun to use now...