[SOLVED] How to change the colors of the pupils on Genesis 9 models?

InfernusIntraMeInfernusIntraMe Posts: 43

I've been playing with Photoshop and L.I.E. for the eyes for 12 hours, and I just can't get it right. I've changed the sclera and iris multiple times, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to change the color and emission of the pupils on G9. I've created various masks with different colors and varieties, but I keep getting lost in all the different combinations of Diffuse, Translucency, L.I.E. Blending Options, etc.

I can make a glossy black sclera, which is what I want. I bought the CGI Pupil Utilities for Genesis 9, so I already have the heart-shaped pupil morph.

Now, I want to make a pink emissive heart-shaped pupil in the middle of the black void sclera.

I must have already made the correct masks at this point, but applying the right texture images with the appropriate blending is what I'm wasting way too much time on.

I THINK?! IDK!

Someone save me! Haha.

Thank you for any advice.

Post edited by InfernusIntraMe on

Comments

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,490

On Genesis 9, the pupil is a hole into the interior of the eyeball. Your best bet is probably to put a small primitive inside the eye, right behind the pupil hole, and apply an appropriate material to that.

• murgatroyd314 said:

On Genesis 9, the pupil is a hole into the interior of the eyeball. Your best bet is probably to put a small primitive inside the eye, right behind the pupil hole, and apply an appropriate material to that.

I would have never even thought to try that but that's exactly what I'm about to do! THANKS! 

• murgatroyd314 said:

Yep.

Screenshot 2023-08-01 203825.png
    2055 x 1054 - 4M
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175

Well, another simple way -: change the shader back to Uber, turn on Emission with Mask maps on Eyes' surfaces ~

SNAG-2023-8-2-0011.png
    2560 x 1400 - 995K
  • crosswind said:

Well, another simple way -: change the shader back to Uber, turn on Emission with Mask maps on Eyes' surfaces ~

you just unlocked a new protein in my brain. Thank you.