Adjust a model to certain parameters

I have a human model (not from daz) in .obj format in a specific pose with specific body proportions. Is there any way to fit a daz model (any gen) to this model to make it FULLY match it? 
I googled and found nothing, only editing morphs in Blender(tried to do that, but I'm very bad at sculpting). I also tried to put the daz model in the right pose, but it's very hard to do, plus everything was ruined by the mismatch in proportions.
Any suggestions that can make a model from daz match the form of another model would be helpful.

Comments

• Having pose and shape is going to limit what you can do, but i thought Blender had the ability to push/pull one mesh to lie on the surface of a second - that would potentially match the Genesis mesh to the target, but then the rigging would be all wrong and would need a lot of adjustment to make it posable (which would mean it wouldn't take standard poses any more).

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175

In most of the similar cases, we just use a Genesis figure as a floating mesh to wrap the obj models head with R3DS Wrap3D/4D, as the body morph is much earsier to shape in Ds. There're lots of game characters have been made for being used in Ds in such a way. If you do need to wrap the whole model, I'm afraid you have to rig it first (in Blender or ZBrush) to make it have a more or less A or T pose for the purpose of wrapping...

• Wrap3D employs sort of a combination of Shrinkwrapping projection on Steroids and yelds the best results when the intended Shape has a similar pose and proportions to those of your target for the morph.

Ideally you would either try to pose and shape a DAZ figure close to what your model is or if the model is rigged try to pose it (in Blender for example) closer to one of the DAZ figures default pose.

Of your goal is making a morph of your model to a DAZ figure, your best bet is R3DS Wrap3D (they have a trial period which I believe would give you enough time to achieve your goal)

• Thanks for R3DS Wrap3D! It helped

• 54ids89g said:

Thanks for R3DS Wrap3D! It helped

You're welcome :) Glad it helped