Missing (Empty) Product File - Steel Town Refinery Bundle (Solved)

jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595

Because the forums search feature disappeared a short while ago, I am not able to search the forums for a missing (empty) file for a grab bag product that I bought an hour ago.

I just bought the Steel Town Refinery grab bag item - Sku: 21392, https://www.daz3d.com/steel-town-refinery-bundle. When I used 7Zip to extract the contents of the two zip folders, I got error message 0x80004005: Unspecified error for the file ! lights.duf ; its size was reported a 0 bytes.

I've just submitted a Help Desk ticket asking how I can get a correct copy of the file.

Post edited by jjoyner on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

It is a zero-byte file, but it is just placeholder for the thumbnail which has a little info. It was common practice to use empty files, now it is recommended to at least put something, like a blank script. It installed okay (a long time ago), but 7-Zip does complain about it.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595

NorthOf45 said:

It is a zero-byte file, but it is just placeholder for the thumbnail which has a little info. It was common practice to use empty files, now it is recommended to at least put something, like a blank script. It installed okay (a long time ago), but 7-Zip does complain about it.T

Thanks much for a fast answer.  I was hoping that it would be something like that.  That's always a risk with buying old products.