CPU & GPU Enabled causes fatal error and reboots sometimes

Around June I started to having issues with this error constantly happening, I had Render Queue 3 and basically after many tests and drivers clean installations etc, I found RQ3 was triggering this issue 100% of the time (I knew it wasn't RQ3 fault because before June I didn't have a single issue with the plugin). After uninstalling RQ3 it didn't happen anymore until today.

The same error triggered and I noticed when it did DAZ kept rendering and basically left the CPU with no usage so after some talk with few more experience ppl they recommended me to disable the CPU. Tested Render Queue 3 since the error triggered all the time with this plugin and it doesn't trigger anymore. I didn't see a single mention about this issue and it was very frustrating so decided to post about it.  

Comments

• So is the systenm rebooting? If so that sounds like a system issue - temps or power draw would be my guess, with the latter sounding plausible - which might then cause lesser issues without a general reboot but causing Iray to stall in other cases.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

I just had to replace a power supply because it was slowly dying.
    Sometimes when I started a render, the computer would restart.
    It began happening more often until I finally figured it out.
    Can you hear any fans slow down when you begin a render? That's
    a sign of a dying or weak PSU.

• There is no issue with my machine, I checked everything during the tests. After disabling the CPU I didn't have the issue anymore. That's the reason I made the post to let ppl know about this issue since I saw no one else posted about it.