Transferred Files to New Harddrive

I ran out of room on my harddrive several months ago. I've finally gotten a new one installed. I spent the last day copying all of my Daz assets from the old drive to the new drive. Once I had all the files I went into DAZ and DAZ Install Manager and changed my content directory to reflect the new drive. I've downloaded files and they are installing to the new drive so that is fine.

My current issue is regarding product updates. I haven't been able to download anything for several months so many products received updates. In my install tab of Daz Install Manager when I mouse over the files it shows them being installed to my original/smaller drive. When I attempt to download the product updates it is trying to install them to the original drive which is out of room.

How do I go about updating all of the files in my Installed tab of DAZ Install Manager to reflect the new drive so it updates the copied files? The entire path will be exactly the same except the drive letter will be different. I feel it has something to do with the CMS directory, but I'm out of my depth.

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

This is my setup.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

DIM reads the original installation location from the product's manifest in Manifest Archive. You could set the "Content Updates" path to point to the "currently selected path" instead of using "each package's respective 'Installed' path".

The thing is, DIM will always think the products were originally installed on the old drive (like in "Show Installed Files"). The manifests all have that original path, but you can easily change it to the new library path. The manifests are plain text .dsx files (in the Manifest Archive, not the Package Archive, which has a identically named file for the downloaded package), with the same name as the product package. You can edit them to change the following string value

<UserInstallPath VALUE="drive:/originalLibrary"/>

to:

<UserInstallPath VALUE="drive:/newLibrary"/>

You can do them all in a batch with something like notepad++ or other tool that can find and replace in multiple files. You can keep the "Content Updates" choice to "Install to each package's respective 'Installed' path". It will make life much easier. You can also move the manifest archive to the new disc, if you change the settings accordingly in DIM. It would be a good thing to back up your Manifest Archive folder, just in case. You loose that, DIM has no idea what is installed, and you have to start over...

• NorthOf45 said:

DIM reads the original installation location from the product's manifest in Manifest Archive. You could set the "Content Updates" path to point to the "currently selected path" instead of using "each package's respective 'Installed' path".

The thing is, DIM will always think the products were originally installed on the old drive (like in "Show Installed Files"). The manifests all have that original path, but you can easily change it to the new library path. The manifests are plain text .dsx files (in the Manifest Archive, not the Package Archive, which has a identically named file for the downloaded package), with the same name as the product package. You can edit them to change the following string value

<UserInstallPath VALUE="drive:/originalLibrary"/>

to:

<UserInstallPath VALUE="drive:/newLibrary"/>

You can do them all in a batch with something like notepad++ or other tool that can find and replace in multiple files. You can keep the "Content Updates" choice to "Install to each package's respective 'Installed' path". It will make life much easier. You can also move the manifest archive to the new disc, if you change the settings accordingly in DIM. It would be a good thing to back up your Manifest Archive folder, just in case. You loose that, DIM has no idea what is installed, and you have to start over...

Worked like a charm, thank you!!! 

Glad to help. yes

• JoltrastJoltrast Posts: 199

Sorry to hijack this thread. How do I bulk edit my manifest files and can I do it with notepad? Thanks!

I use notepad++ (free). They have a "Find in Files" capability with "Replace" options. Other editors might have something similar.