Custom (non-Daz) character Mixamo animation import into Daz3d?

Hi,

not sure why did is so hard or what I do wrong, but I couldn't find any info anywhere. 

1.) Sculpted a custom character (OBJ)
2.) Uploaded to Mixamo 
3.) Exported an animation as FBX

When importing into Daz3D, all hell breaks lose.I can neither see the character, nor is the animation working. But when importing into Blender everything is working propertly. 
Can someone help out? 

George

PS: I really like the way Daz3D renders, that's why its my preferred software for rendering animations

Comments

• I get to recycle a reply I just made to another thread. Getting a rigged figure into DS is not easy. I believe that FBX files from Motion Builder work, though I am not in a position to test, but beyond that the format is somewhat variable and as a result the outcome is unreliable in general.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

This is why DAZ needs to put more work into their "import" functions. Not everyone wants to use DAZ content outside of DS

to the OP, I have never been able to import a functioning rigged FBX figure into DS, the FBX import option just doesn't work for me. Even if you did, mixamo rigging and DS rigging are very different, so you would probably have to rerig it anyway. Your best bet is to import your OBJ, line it up with a DAZ figure and transfer the rigging

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036

or import it into Poser11+ and save as a cr2 with motion as pz2

in D|S edit rigging convert to weightmapping general

save as support asset figure

• FSMCDesigns said:

This is why DAZ needs to put more work into their "import" functions. Not everyone wants to use DAZ content outside of DS

to the OP, I have never been able to import a functioning rigged FBX figure into DS, the FBX import option just doesn't work for me. Even if you did, mixamo rigging and DS rigging are very different, so you would probably have to rerig it anyway. Your best bet is to import your OBJ, line it up with a DAZ figure and transfer the rigging

Is there any GOOD tutorial on how to do that? I wasted most likely 2 days already tried to find some good information on that but to no avail. I would gladlyt even pay someone to do it, I really hope DAZ finally introduces a "paid request" type of sub forum. People on upwork or fiverr have no clue about daz.  

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

ggrancharov said:

FSMCDesigns said:

Is there any GOOD tutorial on how to do that? I wasted most likely 2 days already tried to find some good information on that but to no avail. I would gladlyt even pay someone to do it, I really hope DAZ finally introduces a "paid request" type of sub forum. People on upwork or fiverr have no clue about daz.  

That will never happen as it is bascially illegal (against the EULA/license) to share DAZ files and rigging from a DAZ figure is considered a deritivitive work. I don't know any any tutorials, but it is has been  discussed in the forums often. try searching the forums for transfer rigging or transfer utility