Genesis 9 lost default shape in my library

Hi All

I need some help this time. I managed somehow to make some "permanent"  changes to G9 base which affect the figure even when I load the original file.

Any figure which is G9 based gets the same distortion. I was experimrnting with morphs and property herarchy of G9 and somehow affected my base. 

Those changes are writen somwhere and affect the figure during loading. It is possible to ZERO the figure to original G9 shape iin figure editing. 

I redownloaded and reinstalled G9 essentials but it did not help. How can I clean  up the files to get rid of the garbage?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,764
    edited July 2023

You probably have saved a morph file with a non-zero default value - this is why resintalling the base figure might not have resolved the issue.

Load up the base G9 figure, select it in the scene and click "Currently Used" in the parameters tab. Hopefully you'll see the relevant morph shown there with a non-zero value. If you don't see it, try clicking the top-right-corner menu and selecting Preferences -> Show Hidden Properties. If you do see a morph, dial it back to zero and see if that puts the model back to how you expect it. You can use Zero > Zero Figure to nuke ALL values and set them to be zero by default but that may not be necessary.

If you do find the correct morph and zero them then you can save this with File > Save As > Support Assets > Save Modified Assets.  In the save confirmation dialog it should list the morphs that will have their defaults set to zero - this should match the morphs that you altered in the previous step.

I think that's all you need to do. If it doesn't work, try again but do Memorise > Memorise Figure before the save.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

SofaCitizen said:

Load up the base G9 figure, select it in the scene and click "Currently Used" in the parameters tab.

"Currently used" shows only dials that have non-default value. If a morph is saved with a non-zero default value, that is not shown on the list 

PerttiA said:

SofaCitizen said:

Load up the base G9 figure, select it in the scene and click "Currently Used" in the parameters tab.

"Currently used" shows only dials that have non-default value. If a morph is saved with a non-zero default value, that is not shown on the list 

Hmmm. This confuses me as this is what I have when loading G9:

The way I understand it is that items 1, 3 & 4 here are set to 100% by default (as the number is "greyed out") - when I drag these to the left to set them to zero the number turns white to indicate that they have a non-default value. Items 5 & 6 seem to be set to a non-default 10% but this is because they are effected by item 1.  I know that the specific colours are determined by the theme but hopefully the point still makes sense.

If I drag item 1 to zero (thus zeroing items 5 & 6) and "refresh" the display (either by clicking something else in left pane and clicking back into Currently Used or toggling "Show Hidden Properties") then these items disappear from the list. Therefore, this does indicate that it is showing non-zero rather than non-default - unless I am missing or misunderstanding something?

There is a difference between morphs the are set at non-zero default value within the code of the morph and ones that are memorized with non-zero value (saved in the preset or the scene), the first does not show in "Currently Used" but the latter does.

PerttiA said:

There is a difference between morphs the are set at non-zero default value within the code of the morph and ones that are memorized with non-zero value (saved in the preset or the scene), the first does not show in "Currently Used" but the latter does.

Ahh, thanks, I didn't know that!

• PerttiA said:

I just checked, saved a preset with a morph aplied and a new, dForm-geenrated morphs aplied and noth memorised before saving. Neither appeared in the Currently Used filter.

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

I just checked, saved a preset with a morph aplied and a new, dForm-geenrated morphs aplied and noth memorised before saving. Neither appeared in the Currently Used filter.

That's strange... 

Loaded Genesis 8.1 Female Dev Load to an empty scene
    "Currently used" shows only "Render SubD Level (minimum) at 3
    "Currently used" does not show "Legacy Eyelashes Curl", "Legacy Eyelashes Length Lower" or "Legacy Eyelashes Length upper" which all have their default value set at 100%

Dialed a morph to 100% and memorized the figure
    Dialed another morph to 100% and didn't memorize
    Saved a character preset and a scene subset

Closed DS and opened again, loaded the scene subset to an empty scene
    "Currently used" shows both dials, one in black (memorized) and the other on white
    "Currently used" does not show "Legacy Eyelashes Curl", "Legacy Eyelashes Length Lower" or "Legacy Eyelashes Length upper" which all have their default value set at 100%

Closed DS and opened again, loaded the character preset to an empty scene
    "Currently used" shows both dials, now both in black

Using DS 4.15.0.2

• Applying a preset to an existing figure would not be expected to change the memorised state, but using a preset to load a new figure should.

• 4andyz4andyz Posts: 18

My offending morph was not visible in Currently used either.

I found The morph which I made and which was messing up my G9 base on load. I removed it from the library and things are back to normal.

There must be somting in the code of this morph that makes it load automatically when G9 or G9 based chracters load, since i was messing wirh property herarchy and ERC freezing, without exactly knowing what I was doing. I looked in the code of the morph help file but it is beyond my abilty to find out what it is.  It is quite interesting thou.

If here is someone here profficient at code analisis, I can send the file. Would be interesting to know. Good learning exercise that was for me.

Thanks a lot for all your comments. It seems that DAZ deep mind is sort of obscured even for the most seasoned ussers... well I am not...

If you look in the code for the morph it will be the default value. When you load a figure Daz builds all the morphs it can find and applies them to the figure. If you have a morph with a non-zero default then it will apply on every figure of that generation.

• 4andyz4andyz Posts: 18

Thanks , i think you got it right. In the code the value of the morph was set to 1. So I edited this to 0. it stoped loading whan loading fresh G9.

A smal thing but good to know.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

Here is a quick tutorial on how to fix base figures that load with an unwanted morph applied

Fix Base Figures Tutorial