Can't load third party models

I keep overloading my computer with Daz products. So, I keep buying bigger and bigger external hard drives. I move my content folder to the new drive, revise the link in daz to the new folder, and create away. However, I did this again, but I cannot load models from Renderosity, Renderhub, or other non-Daz models. I can see the models in my content folder, but Daz does not recognize them. This is extremely frustrating. HELP!

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Maybe these instructions will help you in tracking down the problem;

As for needing to buy bigger drives for the content, that is not necessary.

You can install everything on DAZ store and Rendo combined on a 100GB drive.

1. You can mount new drives to folders on that 100GB drive, for example you can mount a new drive to be the "Runtime" folder of the 100GB drive, and an other new drive to be the "Data" folder of the 100GB drive.
    This can be done with the tools included in Windows (Computer Management->Disk Management)

2. You can download SysInternals "Junction" from Microsoft https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/junction
    With the Junction, you can move folders from one drive to another without breaking the original folder structure.

I have used both for at for years without one problem. Previously I used to replace drives with bigger ones, but back then 2+TB SSD drives cost a fortune and I needed to find another way to increase the size of my drives.

Both methods leave the drives accessible also by themselves, so no need to worry about similar problems as with RAID or compressed drives.

• Thank you very much for your very detailed explanation.