Unsupported autofit question - dog coat to horse coat?

Hi :) Maybe this isn't possible? I need a winter coat for a horse. I'm using Horse 3, if that matters. I have other animal wearables - dog coats and Pocket the horse's costume. But they don't autofit because they are unsupported. Is there a way to fit my unsupported animal outfit to Horse?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Exactly how DS handles unsurported, seems to me to be guesswork. If there is significant difference on source and target I think it will fail, i.e. end up looking very wrong.

In order to use autofit you need a clone. I don't think that has been made.

You could take the clothing into a modeller and the fit to your new target and then import and use transfer utility.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited July 2023

I have made autofit clones for unlikely figures but it's twiddly and limited

I can for example autofit Genesis 8 male clothing to Vyusur's Catoon, some Horse stuff to the Housecat and dog8 etc but it was a multistep multisoftware effort

I don't own it but Wrap3D may help enormously in creating a clone shape

I posed figures without limits, used soft select in Carrara, Zprojection and the move tool in Zbrush AND Shrinkwrap in Blender with much morphloader attenuation of separate body parts inbetween to finally get rough approximate shapes with the same vertex order to create clones

I skip paws and feet and often heads as it's just too hard so my shapes look pretty rough blush but the clothes more or less fit

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241
    edited July 2023

You could try the same concept I went over in my horse thread where you asked.

I think you'll discover that a number of JCM issues will result if trying for 'legs' on the coat.

A horse blanket can be made by dforce simulating a rectangle down over the back of the horse; edit the mesh as required, uvmap it etc. When ready, create a horse clothing piece of it for Horse 3.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on