Help Needed with Material Application on Animated Armor

Hey everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble with applying materials to an animated armor model in Daz Studio, and I was hoping to get some guidance from the experts here. I've attached some images to showcase the issue I'm facing.

Image 1: The Armor Model with Texture Working

In this image, you can see the armor model with the material applied, and it looks great!

Image 2: Animated Armor with Bones Connected

In this image, I've connected the armor to a default character model in Daz Studio, and it's fully animated! However, as you can see, the material only applied to one shoulder armor piece.

I followed the steps recommended to save the material in Blender and then applied it to the connected armor pieces in Daz Studio. It worked perfectly for one shoulder, but I can't seem to get it to apply correctly to the other armor pieces.

I've double-checked the material settings, ensured proper UV mapping, and tried applying the material to individual material zones with no luck. Is there something I'm missing or a different approach I should try?

I'm really excited about this project, and your help would be greatly appreciated! If you need any additional information or more images, please let me know. Thanks in advance for your expertise!

Capt312ure.JPG
3838 x 1721 - 473K
Screenshot 2023-07-25 213348.jpg
3829 x 1711 - 662K

Comments

• pectabytepectabyte Posts: 41

By the way, I was the creator of this armour model.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Have you checked for inverted faces, i.e. that it isn't the backside facing out?

It doesnt seem that way but how do I check?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

For inverted faces. In blender you can click on 'Overlays' there is a checkbox for 'face orientation'. Blue mean front facing, red back facing.

If you go into the surface tab and change the base color on one of the problematic surfaces, will that then change?

I just checked. The surfaces are not inverted.