[SOLVED] Rigging Heeled Shoes Question

Saba TaruSaba Taru Posts: 170

Hello!  I don't post much and I hope I got this in the right forum.  Apologies if I did not.

I've modeled a pair of wedge heeled boots for use with G9F.  When loaded in and fit to G9, there is no distortion of the mesh.  I have them rigged and weight mapped and the rigging works great.  I've created "fit" morphs for all of the Daz 9 characters and official body shapes I own to fix any issues with those shapes and they work perfectly when those morphs are dialed into G9.  There's no distortion or mesh breakage at all when posed.

[I tried using up-to-date Edge and Chrome browers and both PNG and JPG files formats and I cannot get an image to upload for anything.  It's stuck on "uploading" and never finishes.  They're tiny... in the KB range.  Help?...]

My problem occurs when a morph that is not "built into the boot" is dialed into G9.  For those morphs, the arch of the top of the boot "breaks" (it's a jagged, raised line in the mesh that is horizontal-ish across the center of the top of the foot, not the sole) and the only way to fix it that I've found is to bring it back into Blender, smooth it, and create another morph for it.

Is there a way to rig the boot to avoid this issue?  I'm specifically talking about non-official "9" characters.  If it's an official G9 shape or dial used in a vendor character, I can fix it.  But for some vendor characters that morph the foot without using the official dials, there is breakage.  It likely has to do with autofollow and the character morphs in question, but that doesn't get me any closer to an answer.

Boot specifics:  Used transfer utility and Rigged with weight maps.  No toe bones (all toe bones removed from boot).

Things I've tried to fix it:  Modifying weight maps directly, adding adjustment morphs to the top arch.  I even looked at rigidity mapping and dForce weight mapping to see if I could make the shoes dForce.  Nothing works once it's fit to G9.

I'm looking for options if there are any.  :)  Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

[EDITED TO ADD]  I've also tried smoothing and sub D.  Neither worked.

Post edited by Saba Taru on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

You want to look at rigidity groups, and assumably making the sole rigid.

Rigidity groups tries to keep objects solid, so they are less influenced by morphs.

Bone weight mapping can only deal with posing.

Try to look at this video of Mada about rigidity groups.

• Saba TaruSaba Taru Posts: 170

Thanks.  I'll try again but I had a terrible time with rigidity when I tried it originally.  :)