Best Preview Render for Iray Animation?

mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515

I work in Iray only. When I have to create quick test renders to check an animation prior to the final render I've been rendering an Image Series using Viewport mode (Texture Shaded). This is fast, but hair usually renders as a mass of transparency, and anything behind a translucent object (glass window) is completely invisible.

Is there a better method? Multi-Pass OpenGL just crashes my DS (or spins and spins forever) and just tried 3Delight which is horrible using Iray shaders.

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

Have you tried Filament? It has issues with hair transparency and some lighting, but you can assess character movements pretty well, and it is very fast. There are threads in the forum with tips for using it.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515

barbult said:

Have you tried Filament? It has issues with hair transparency and some lighting, but you can assess character movements pretty well, and it is very fast. There are threads in the forum with tips for using it.

That's a thought! Once the render pass I'm doing now in "texture shaded" is finished, I'll try one in Filament and compare.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

WP Guru has a Filament intro video that will be helpful if you've never used Filament in Daz Studio.