Updated to Daz 4.21, and Iray server 2023...

Good evening...

I have a major issue with Daz and iray server 2023. I use to have iray 2020, and daz 4.15. Everything was fine until DIM decided to get rid the older postresql and replace it with another, thus updating to 4.21. I had to reload iray 2023 into the system, and once I did that, now all my scenes, characters, etc crash Daz. On multiple tries, it works, but the server rejects anything I try to render with it. It now also give metadata errors on everything that is older.

The only thing I can do, is to rebuild every single scene (About 120) and re-make the characters. I am talking aboutr 5 years of work, and over 4000 assets from the daz store. 

Can anyone help? Please

Zaner

Comments

• DIM does not update anything unless the item is selected in the ready to Download tab, and it is ages since there has been a PostgreSQL update. I suspect you base issue is either content paths getting chnaged (possibly due to a drive-letter changing) or database corruption. Do you take backups, in particular of the %appdata%/daz 3d/cms/ folder (if you are using the defaults)?

• thezanerthezaner Posts: 9

I do backup. And I tried to import that cms into the daz system. Still having the same issue afterwards. 

• Permissions can be vital with PostgreSQL, and it is also important that the database not be running when making or restoring a backup.

• thezanerthezaner Posts: 9

i know that much from when I was doing db's for a financial corp back in the day. But this has me stranded. So, what I am doing now, is removing the enitre program, all te content, reloaded everything including windows. Bought a new SSD now, and a new drive for Daz alone. I did not want to do this, but it has forced me to. Spent days now reinstalling everything. Now going through all the missing pieces today. Hopefully back upo in the morning. 

Thanks!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

The last update to PostgreSQL was 05/08/2014 so there should've been any updates to it. To be sure the DB isn't running you need to go into the control panel to check because Daz can hold on to it for quite some time before completely closing down.