dzassetdaz.cpp not working nicely with mklink folder

Background: recently moved my entire data folder from runtime to another SSD because I was running out of space, using mklink /d

I created a directory link to link the data folder to the second drive. I didn't notice any implications at the time, but when I tried to load some assets, I get numerous errors of the following, such as:

2023-07-24 14:45:31.697 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6969): Formula target property not found: head:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/alias_head_eCTRLEyesClosedL.dsf#eCTRLEyesClosedL?value - in file: /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/Thorneworks/Sage/XT_MCMSageEyesClosedL.dsf

No other errors exist except for anything that is linked to the moved data folder, and I can verify that the files (ie. the dsf files) as indicated do exist in the data directory. I have not tested moving the folder back to the original SSD because, well, I do not have enough space to do so anymore.

I have a suspicion that it is due to the %20 characters mistakenly seen as %20 and not spaces.

Is there a fix for this?

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

I have spread my Content Library on six different drives with junctions without any problems.

The XT_MCMSageEyesClosedL.dsf should not be calling the Alias, the line should read; 
    "Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLEyesClosedL.dsf#ECTRLEyesClosedL?value"

Easy tool for creating Junctions (Mklinks):
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/junction

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506
    Thanks, I think I'll try remaking the junction using that tool. If that doesn't work, I'll try reinstalling a couple of the affected products and see what happens.