Install Manager fails

New to Daz and excited I finally have a computer capable of running it. I downloaded the install manager. Open it up, logged in, and it fails to install anything. I can't do anything at all. Each flashes and then goes red with "retry" which does nothing. I'm so disappointed.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

Can you show a screen shot of it please

• Try clicking the account name at top-right of Install Manager, then relogin - sometimes that helps when it gets stuck.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,764
    edited July 2023

Check the log or helper log (cog icon menu) just after one of these items failed.  If you see the following lines, then it is/was a known issue:

[WARNING] :: SSL Error: 11 - The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found
    [WARNING] :: Network Error: 0 - : SSL handshake failed

Not sure if the latest DIM update fixed this or not.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • FluxFlux Posts: 17
    edited September 2023

SofaCitizen said:

Check the log or helper log (cog icon menu) just after one of these items failed.  If you see the following lines, then it is/was a known issue:

[WARNING] :: SSL Error: 11 - The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found[WARNING] :: Network Error: 0 - : SSL handshake failed

Not sure if the latest DIM update fixed this or not.

The issue SofaCitizen mentioned is still present in the latest DIM: 1.4.1.62_Win64.

[WARNING] :: SSL Error: Unable To Get Local Issuer Certificate - The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found : Certificate is valid[WARNING] :: Network Error: 0 -  : SSL handshake failed

I'm having the same problem and can not install any product.

After clicking the download button it just changes into a red retry button.

It is a really frustrating issue.

Post edited by Flux on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,175

Have you tried the way in this thread to fix it ? - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8126081/#Comment_8126081

Their log says:

"Error connecting to CMS - Cannot be started by client."

I can connect to CMS and my error message is different, although it might just be the same issue.

"[INFO] :: Starting CMS..."

"[INFO] :: Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 64-bit"

I did not try to install DazCentral, as in the post. DIM was working without DazCentral just fine before I upgraded my motherboard and installed DIM on the new PC.

What I did try is in the following post: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7918666/#Comment_7918666

I installed DAZStudio and PostgreSQLCMS from offline DIM, then going online, but it did not solve my issue.

They submitted a ticket to support about it in december 2022. That is 9 month ago and they still couldn't fix it. Wow!

• Those INFO lines are not errors - that is just a log what what is happening.

Did you try downloading the cert file from godaddy as in the link posted above?

edited September 2023

I didn't say those are errors, in fact I quoted them to show that my error messages are not the same as in the linked post.

DIM can connect to CMS for me, yet it doesn't download my products.

I downloaded the gdig2.crt file, but it is a security certificate from an unknown publisher. I did not use it.

cert.png
    466 x 344 - 16K
    Post edited by Flux on