Evlin Eye Texture Cannot be found

Whenever I load the Evlin character by Emrys (link below), I get an error stating /textures/Emrys/Evlin/EvlinEyesB_1006.jpg cannot be found. I've physically searched for it for Daz and found it. It's there.

But no matter what I do, I can't get it to locate the file. Any thoughts?

https://www.daz3d.com/evlin-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,765
    edited July 2023

I submitted a bug ticket for this almost 1 year to the day. There does not appear to have been any update but the ticket is marked as solved despite the product not being updated. It seems there is no button to reopen it :(

Anyway, the issue with this is that "People\Genesis 8 Female\Characters\Evlin.duf" is broken - it contains a double-slash before Runtime which Daz Studio used to handle and now does not and so you get that error message. You can fix this yourself by opening that file in a text editor and doing a find & replace for "//runtime" -> "/runtime".

EDIT: Since I already posted them to the ticket before: the incorrect entries are on lines 296, 41812 and 41930

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

SofaCitizen said:

I submitted a bug ticket for this almost 1 year to the day. There does not appear to have been any update but the ticket is marked as solved despite the product not being updated. It seems there is no button to reopen it :(

You can "create a follow-up" from the link at the very end of the request.

NorthOf45 said:

SofaCitizen said:

You can "create a follow-up" from the link at the very end of the request.

Ahh, OK. I have done that now - hopefully it can get it back on the bug tracker.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

I had to create one of those follow up requests when they "solved" one of mine without fixing anything. Would you beileve, after 3 years, I got a fix in DIM yesterday!

barbult said:

I had to create one of those follow up requests when they "solved" one of mine without fixing anything. Would you beileve, after 3 years, I got a fix in DIM yesterday!

I think sometimes when they respond to acknowledge the issue it gets accidentally marked as "awaiting your response" which means if you do not update it yourself after a certain number of days it gets auto-closed. So it might have been my bad for missing an email or somthing.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

SofaCitizen said:

barbult said:

I think sometimes when they respond to acknowledge the issue it gets accidentally marked as "awaiting your response" which means if you do not update it yourself after a certain number of days it gets auto-closed. So it might have been my bad for missing an email or somthing.

Nah, probably not your fault. There is some kind of recurring glitch that just closes requests. I have had whole batches of requests closed at once. This has happened multiple times. I don't even think it is something the customer service is doing directly. But it sure is annoying when you have to go in and reopen every one the got "solved" and closed with nothing fixed.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

barbult said:

SofaCitizen said:

barbult said:

Nah, probably not your fault. There is some kind of recurring glitch that just closes requests. I have had whole batches of requests closed at once. This has happened multiple times. I don't even think it is something the customer service is doing directly. But it sure is annoying when you have to go in and reopen every one the got "solved" and closed with nothing fixed.

That recurring error also deletes half of your conversations and video files. I never heard anyone say, "That product may have been deemed obsolete. It may never be fixed." Nope never heard that from any one of the Tech support people from DAZ3D.