How to use Ground Textures?

Hello, I bought "GROUND TEXTURES 2" but once installed I don't know how to use the textures present in the Shaders Presets folder.
Can anyone help me in my difficult beginnings? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Select one or more items and oen or more surfaces on each (e.g. by using the Surface Seelction tool, or the list of surfaces for seelcted items in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane) then double-click the preset you ish to use. Materials presets have settings for named surfaces on selected items, shader presets rely on selection to tell them what to affect.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

Starting out, there is a lot to learn! There are people here who like to help. Richard is one of the most knowledgeable. Shaders require two selections, before applying the preset, as Richard explained. If you still need more directions, don't be afraid to ask follow up questions.

• blanco1754blanco1754 Posts: 45

Thank you for your response so quickly. I try Richard's advice as soon as I get back from the weekend and I'll come back if there's a problem. Thanks again to both of you.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036

a plane primitive always a good thing to start with, you can add subdivision and uuse Dforce to drape it over different sized sphere primitives scattered around to create terrains too

I'm coming back to you because I applied Richard's solution and the texture actually applies to the floor. My problem now is to scale this texture. How do we do it?
    Thank you again for your help.

• gniiialgniiial Posts: 207

Click on the image in Surface tab, then look for image editor or layered image editor... or, scroll down to the bottom of the shader system in the surface tab and look for horizontal and vertical tiling and offset 

Thank you great gniiial  for your answer. I can't wait to try. Bye

• Hello Gniiial. I did find the image editor and the layered image editor then in the surface tab the horizontal and vertical tiling and offset I played on all the settings offered without any modification of the texture. Could you take some time to explain to me in more detail what I need to do. I admit that I am not very advanced in learning Daz Studio and your help would be invaluable.
    Thanking you once again.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719
    edited August 2023

n/m, image didn't load

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,189

When using a shader I would recommend to use the tiling in the surface tab, instead of the tiling in the individual image, as changing in the surface tab it will change it for all images in the surface tab. Changing the individual image is beneficial if you want different tiling among the images.

That said, what are you expiriencing? In the viewport you will only see a simplified version of the result. Have you tried to render?

• It's time to say thank you to all of you. Thanks to your cross information, I had access to all the necessary settings to obtain what I was looking for. And forgive me for the approximate but obviously sufficient "Google" translations. Really, thank of  a "Frenchie", I would not hesitate to return to this wonderful forum.