Drew Hair materials will not load

Log reads:

2023-07-21 04:24:43.969 [WARNING] :: Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found.
2023-07-21 04:24:43.970 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 9/Hair/Daz Originals/Drew Hair/Materials/Iray/Drew Hair Blonde Light.duf

Help?

Tried DIM and manual install

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

What character are you using it on and what object have you selected when applying the material?

It says it is a hieracical material, meaning you will have to have the character selected when applying. And as it is for G9, it will only work on G9 characters.

• felis said:

What character are you using it on and what object have you selected when applying the material?

It says it is a hieracical material, meaning you will have to have the character selected when applying. And as it is for G9, it will only work on G9 characters.

Welp, that  was it. Thank you.

Material settings for hair that only work on the hair when worn by a specific G seems unnecessarily constrictive.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

I am not too fond of hieracical materials, but it is the only way to apply materials to more objects in one go.

I would have hoped that it could be designed as hieracical with the hair selected.

What you can do is apply the material, and then save a normal material preset, if you plan to use it on non-G9 characters.