Floor length hair issue

DarkEleganceDarkElegance Posts: 356

Hello,

Some time ago I purchased the "dForce Floor length hair for genesis 8". Excited to use it in a specific scene.
Since that time, I have been fighting with it. (I think this may be the piece that has taken most of my time)
As I realized that the "fall" of the hair wasn't being directed the way I needed it(or how hair falls). So, after reading abit, I set up a few "props" to direct the hairs fall. I made a cylinder primitive to use for the "couch" so that it didn't go through it. I then put a couple planes(as it kept going through the floor) and one at the end of the couch, so that it would fall in a specific area and not go sliding across the floor.
Yet still, it doesn't quiet, drape, curve etc like hair would. Also, it is looks abit like...dust or fuzzy on the floor, not like hair strands.
So, for those far more adept at dForce hair, what can I do, do get this to drape better? To look more like hair on the floor and less like a "dusty area"?

when my hair falls to the side(when I am laying on the side) it doesnt "scatter" it drapes and there is abit of curve to the length as the ends lay to say a cover or couch. But I cant get the dforce hair to do this.

I started her from standing, then slanted and then moved into place, from laying..and it just doesnt seem to drape. I tried to put her a bit over then moving on the x to "slide into the couch" so her hair would drag on the floor abit to get the direction I was trying for..

(Picture is censored so her bum is not seen)

Image removed - see Acceptable Ways of Handling Nudity  on the subject of censor bars or squares.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036

I don't own the hair but I will suggest looking at the density of your collision items in wireframe mode, your plane might need more subdivision 

• I think the oddity on the floor might partly be the way strand-based hair works - there are virtual hairs intepolated between the guide hairs, where the guide hairs are very close to a surface then - depending on the degree of variation allowed - it is quite possible that some of the virtual hairs will pass through the surface, giving a reduction in density and broken hair lines.