Gescon operations on small objects inevitably crashes Daz

Hi, I can't find the support thread, anyhoo: when creating small primitives such as in the cm range and run Gescon ops on them, union, diff, whatever, Daz crashes. Is this a known limitation, is there a safe range?

Comments

• I don't have this, but have you tried adjusting the precision? It may be that your targets are too small, and perhaps it is ending up with a division by zero due to rounding (which would be worth a report if so).

• pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 285

Dialed precision down to 0.001 but tried with other values like 0.05 as well. As soon as a certain size is undercut it acts up. There could be something to the divide by 0 theory. 

• Please post in the vendor's support thread (which I see you have used in the past) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/492561/released-gescon-csg-plugin-for-daz-studio-commercial/p1

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411

Why do you need to reduce too much the precision?

You can also increase the size of the objects, do the operations with a precision of 1 or so, next, reduce the results.

Anyway, I'm starting the reviewing of Gescon for updates and upgrades just by this time, if you can give more details of the settings when Daz crashes it could be helpful.

• pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 285

I'll look into it next couple days.